Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Martin Perry on BBC SCR

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Hopes that no one else will oppose but we must wait the six weeks.

Stadium will cost £50 million. Always known how to fund the project. No providers of funds/ loans have backed out

No knowledge of new investors

Confident that Dick Knight will be Chairman at falmer

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
On the funding side Seeda are contributing £5 million but does anyone know the other sources for grants?

The football foundation are almost certain to pledge several million given recent allocations on similar projects. I also vaguely remember Perry saying the eductational factor opens up grant possibilitys but can't remember anything specific.

Are the council contributing anything other than the land ?

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
what happend to 1mil (?) we gave the fa when we went to Gillingham to prove we would move back to Brighton

Didn't we forfet this because of we didn't do it within the required timescales?

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Can anyone believe a stadium could be built for 50 million........i cant....unless its made of paper mache:shrug:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Didn't we forfet this because of we didn't do it within the required timescales?

I will stage a massive (one man) protest at the FA Headquarters if that is the case. A dispensation would not have been out of order, due to exceptional circumstances!!

I know we had to pay capital gains tax from the sale of The Goldstone. :rant:

It would be interesting to know how much our stint at Gillingham, one season renting The Goldstone, lost revenue, c/g tax, renting the stands/Withers, the Falmer debacle and many other things have actually cost the club...!! :angry:

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Pride Park cost £16m, although the land was a gift from Derby Council I believe.

That does surprise me.............good maybe it will look as good as the image of Falmer we have all been accustomed to:clap2:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
On the funding side Seeda are contributing £5 million but does anyone know the other sources for grants?

The football foundation are almost certain to pledge several million given recent allocations on similar projects. I also vaguely remember Perry saying the eductational factor opens up grant possibilitys but can't remember anything specific.

Are the council contributing anything other than the land ?

Sport England was mentioned and the Lottery Fund.

D

Deleted member 2719

Martin Perry - Top guy and i trust him 100%.

What a job Martin and Dick have done to date.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here