Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marseille

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
BREAKING NEWS: CHAOS for thousands of England and Argentina rugby fans as they face long queues in … https://mol.im/a/12499747 via https://dailym.ai/android

That cant be repeated when we play there. Concerns that need looking into.
Given they have been playing football at the stadium every fortnight for 86 years, seemingly without issue, I wonder why this happened?

mile oak

May 21, 2023
Given they have been playing football at the stadium every fortnight for 86 years, seemingly without issue, I wonder why this happened?
Yes why, but we are talking French organisation here, they have history in less organised ways too.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
The 5000 is misleading. I pre-registered just to have the option. I’m almost certainly not going and I’m hoping for Athens instead now.
I wouldn’t have much hope for Athens. 1,500 allocation, and I reckon 1,500 people in the top points bracket will have already booked accommodation and travel. People I know who travel home and away most weeks, could very possibly miss out.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I wouldn’t have much hope for Athens. 1,500 allocation, and I reckon 1,500 people in the top points bracket will have already booked accommodation and travel. People I know who travel home and away most weeks, could very possibly miss out.
All of this is very frustrating. I'm top tier and have never failed to get tickets for away games. I also go to most, but not all, away games. I intend going to every Euro game but don't want to spend £100's on flights and hotel if I cant get a ticket. It would really help if the club ended their silence on tickets and gave a hint as to LP's needed to guarantee a ticket.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
All of this is very frustrating. I'm top tier and have never failed to get tickets for away games. I also go to most, but not all, away games. I intend going to every Euro game but don't want to spend £100's on flights and hotel if I cant get a ticket. It would really help if the club ended their silence on tickets and gave a hint as to LP's needed to guarantee a ticket.
Given your history, you could book Marseille and Ajax with confidence and make refundable bookings for Greece?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Given your history, you could book Marseille and Ajax with confidence and make refundable bookings for Greece?
To be honest, I've booked all three. Ajax & Athens I'm treating the wife to a short holiday, little does she know why. As for Marseille, Eurostar and Ibis booked. It's just that, with less than 4 weeks until our first away trip, I'd have liked some sort of guidence regarding do's and don'ts from the club. Areas to avoid, where to meet, how to get to the ground, ticket collection point etc. I've booked near the main train station so I'll be peeved if the collection point is 3 miles the other side of the ground.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Absolutely - would be very helpful if the club issued their ‘estimated’ points tiers for the away games (they’ll already know the allocations so they could) just so people have an idea of their chances. Imagine none will go below T2 anyway though if T2 is as wide as usual.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
No, I’m not very hopeful of a ticket but it’s the only away game I’m now able to attend. We already had Athens on our revisit list (we’ve not been there for >50 years!) so I’ve gone ahead and booked a week in the city in any case.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
To be honest, I've booked all three. Ajax & Athens I'm treating the wife to a short holiday, little does she know why. As for Marseille, Eurostar and Ibis booked. It's just that, with less than 4 weeks until our first away trip, I'd have liked some sort of guidence regarding do's and don'ts from the club. Areas to avoid, where to meet, how to get to the ground, ticket collection point etc. I've booked near the main train station so I'll be peeved if the collection point is 3 miles the other side of the ground.
Okay, so you had actually already booked everything. Regarding the info, I’m sure this will come in time and to be fair it’s not essential you have it now. In fact, it’s not really needed until a few days before you leave?

Last edited:

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I've only got 239 points and have got a hotel and flight (can get a refund on the hotel). Perhaps booking was a bad decision 🤦

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Okay, so you’d already booked everything. Regarding the info, I’m sure this will come in time and to be fair it’s not essential you have it now. In fact, it’s not really needed until a few days before you leave?
Plus much of the stuff that is not match-specific eg how to get to the ground, areas to avoid, can easily be found on tinternet without needing any input from the club. Indeed, much useful information and local knowledge can be gleaned from the NSC threads for the respective cities on the European tour

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
No, I’m not very hopeful of a ticket but it’s the only away game I’m now able to attend. We already had Athens on our revisit list (we’ve not been there for >50 years!) so I’ve gone ahead and booked a week in the city in any case.
I mean the only thing I believe that could get us more tickets is that Brighton offer AEK 10% and we get offered 10% back, same with all the clubs. I imagine the negotiations is what is keeping the on sale dates from being published.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
If you can get tickets for Brentford and Bournemouth in the first bracket, then I think you’ll be fine, but this is all my opinion of course.
I could be wrong, but the number of people who get ticks to Brentford & Bournemouth Away will be significantly higher than those looking to go to Athens. Apart from the cost, Athens is a long way, and will need at least a couple of days off work. It's also the third of the three away fixtures, and many looking for an authentic "Albion in Europe" experience will prioritise Marseille and Amsterdam, I'm sure. I've got 272 points and have - maybe rashly!! - booked my flights and accommodation for Athens. Fingers crossed :)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I mean the only thing I believe that could get us more tickets is that Brighton offer AEK 10% and we get offered 10% back, same with all the clubs. I imagine the negotiations is what is keeping the on sale dates from being published.
On the Europa League fans' forum Paul Barber seemed to be pretty adamant that we'd not be giving opponents more of a "sporting chance" by giving them a larger away contingent to roar them on at the Amex.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
If you can get tickets for Brentford and Bournemouth in the first bracket, then I think you’ll be fine, but this is all my opinion of course.
This is guiding me, the only games I miss out on to date. Have booked Marseilles & Ajax, just holding off for Athens.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing

Will be too late offering AEK 10% given we're already selling home tickets for half of the south stand.

I think there'll be an announcement about Marseille tickets in next few days. I've seen some people suggest that pretty much anyone with a ST will be fine and others believing tickets will be gone in T2.

I guess it really is hard to call. Even with the registrations, while a lot will be genuine, a lot will be people dropping their name in on the off chance they may go

RenboSlice

Sep 9, 2023
I'm quite pleased for the ticket details for Marseille to not be released for a while because the closer it gets to the date the more likely I am to get a ticket in my bracket 😀

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here