Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marseille fans

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
quite a few black clad frenchies lurking around in the queens road area when I nipped out for my avocado and hummus sourdough ciabatta at lunchtime...
Well I hope you flicked them the finger
My brother has just told me his mate was spat and shouted at by Marseille fans whilst walking about this morning wearing a Mercier (fashion brand with a PSG badge on) waterproof. Early days but they're not sounding like the friendliest bunch.
To be fair we would probably rip someone in a Palace shirt on a European away trip.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Well I hope you flicked them the finger

To be fair we would probably rip someone in a Palace shirt on a European away trip.
Tbf, they should be flicked the v sign....only the Frenchies & us know it’s true origins.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
My young lad is on the London Bridge to Brighton Thameslink right now. He reports there are three black clad obviously Marseilles ultras walking up and down the train, sizing up every single passenger nd looking for colours and allegiance, all looks and feels quite threatening. And my lad is a 95kg 6 foot 2 unit mid twenties who can look after himself, if he feels threatened (travelling alone) I’m sure many others will too. Be careful people.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I'm having the afternoon in Brighton today like I did before AEK Athens. A couple of French lads with Marseille scarfs got on at Falmer. Loads along Queens Road just now as I walked down from the station getting soaked. 3 outside Burger King on North Street drinking bottles of Moretti and about half a dozen inside eating. (I had a large double Whopper meal, which was very nice.)

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I do think tonight they will be the most hostile set of fans ever to turn up at the stadium to be honest.
Early goal, should cheer them up 4/1 is a good price for them actually to win.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I was just in the food court WCs at Churchill Square when I heard Arabic and French spoken into a cell phone in the stall next to me. I bit my tongue, then pretended I was using Marseille newspaper while wiping myself.

I'm into the less popular cuts myself. Did they have any liver?

Quebec Seagull

Vive le football... LIBRE!
Oct 19, 2022
Gatineau, Québec, CANADA
My young lad is on the London Bridge to Brighton Thameslink right now. He reports there are three black clad obviously Marseilles ultras walking up and down the train, sizing up every single passenger nd looking for colours and allegiance, all looks and feels quite threatening. And my lad is a 95kg 6 foot 2 unit mid twenties who can look after himself, if he feels threatened (travelling alone) I’m sure many others will too. Be careful people.
Well, that's 6' 4", soft, 55-year-old me warned, then. I'll be taking the bus at Old Steine, but  sans my Euro tee, which I'll only slip on once I'm at fhe Amex.

I'll take it off on the way back, too, since I've heard French spoken outside my hotel room.

This is such weird behaviour from a North American point of view... Boston and Philadelphia excepted, of course, lol.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Rump roast, chicken breast, leg of lamb and head cheese.

I took girl to this lovely restaurant when I was in Marseille. She had frogs legs and a chicken breast.....but a smashing personality.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
group of about 20 Marseille fans having a very civilised lunch in bankers on western road earlier

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here