Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Marney back at Crawley?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Marney scored for Crawley on Saturday. Didn't know he was back there. Is it another loan or a permanent move? He did well there earlier in the season and as he doesn't seem to be able to impress successive managers at the Albion, maybe a permanent move would be best for him.

Falmer Dream

Feb 2, 2004
He's on his way out, hopefully like most of the others who are out of contract - although McGhee playing David Lee worries me. A lot.

cab

Feb 20, 2004
Crawley
With any luck, if our championship campaign goes well, Marney may decide to stay with us for next season as well. I am pretty sure we want him on a permanent basis, it just needs a few details to be sorted out, especially whether we will be in Conference Premier, or whatever it is, or if we effectively stay where we are.

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
Marney is more a midfielder than a striker in my opinion and I think he is a decent player. I'd like to see him stay for another year.

Falmer Dream

Feb 2, 2004
GUNTER said:
Marney is more a midfielder than a striker in my opinion and I think he is a decent player. I'd like to see him stay for another year.
You are McGhee. I claim my cigar and coconut.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Are Crawley realistically likely to go full time if they make the Conference?

Many of the clubs there now seem to be full time- nearly all the clubs in the top 8 I think are former football league outfits.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
it's disapointing after the impressive start he made 2 last season but under both coppell and mcghee he just hasn't taken the chances he's had so im afraid i think it's time for him 2 move on

cab

Feb 20, 2004
Crawley
Sorry to drag this up again, but rumour has it that Marney may sign for us by the end of the day. Does anyone have any info!

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
If he has any sense he will wait until you actually are promoted.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Desert Orchid said:
Marney has signed a 2-year contract with Crawley. Good luck to him and the Reds :wave:

Agree 100% :clap:

Ant (Crawley)

Feb 17, 2004
Can't tell you how pleased we are to have Danny on board. He's looked a class above other players at this level and the fact that Brighton have decided to release him is a shame for him but is making lots of us at Crawley walk around with an extra spring in our steps...and then we realise we are nine points clear as well

Happy day

Sea

Jul 5, 2003
Brighton
:( i didnt think he looked too bad when he played for us, just wasnt as good as the other strikers. good luck to him tho :clap:

kevinsmith

Jan 25, 2004
Portslade
Sorry to see Dan Marney go, he was not really given a decent chance.

I am sure he will be a vital asset to Crawley for Conf footy next year

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here