Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Marlon King GUILTY

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Marlon King convicted of sexual assault and ABH

No doubt the appeal lawyers will see £££ flashing in front of them.

A Premier League footballer is facing jail for groping a young woman in a nightclub and then breaking her nose after she spurned his "disgusting" advances.

Marlon King, who was celebrating both his wife's pregnancy and scoring a winning goal hours earlier, was repeatedly "cold-shouldered" by women revellers in London's packed Soho Revue Bar last December.

When a slightly-built university student became the latest to recoil from his touch, he lost his temper and in an outburst of "completely gratuitous violence" lashed out, "smashing" her to the floor.

His single clenched fist blow was so powerful that two other revellers - one of them holding on to his arm - were also sent flying.

While bouncers moved in to restrain the muscular £5 million striker, friends rushed to the aid of his victim. As she was helped to her feet, blood poured from her shattered nose, London's Southwark Crown Court heard.

The 29-year-old Wigan Athletic player, from Waltham Cross, Hertfordshire, claimed he was a victim of "mistaken identity".

But after hearing overwhelming evidence from a string of witnesses, including a football coach who insisted he was the assailant, the jury decided he was lying.

He was unanimously convicted of sexually assaulting the 20-year-old and causing actual bodily harm.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Being 'a millionaire' will mean f*** all when he drops his soap in the shower amongst the worst convicts now he's a registered sex offender.Hope he gets a serious kicking inside for what he did to that poor woman.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Hope she now goes after him for damages - might reduce his ego and his millions. As said above, squealing "I'm a millionaire" whilst being buggered by Big Dave in the shower block is not going to help him much!

auschr

Apr 19, 2009
USA
I wish I could have assaulted some of the munters that sexually assault me in the clubs. Somehow it is acceptable for women to just walk up to you and start grabbing your nuts. Disgusting. I hope Marlon King has a long hard think about what hes done.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Eighteen months, so that means nine months plus any time on remand? Given the desire not to have people in prison with small sentences I guess you'll see him picking up litter outside Ford Prison in about six weeks whilst we send him on a woodwork course and he's released to relieve the pressure on the Prison Service at Christmas ...

Why don't we just use one of the big ex-Army Camps in the middle of nowhere and make it at least "uncomfortable", you know really stick the knife in and say only PS2 and absolutely no weed on Thursdays?

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
I wish I could have assaulted some of the munters that sexually assault me in the clubs. Somehow it is acceptable for women to just walk up to you and start grabbing your nuts. Disgusting. I hope Marlon King has a long hard think about what hes done.

Buy pork scratchings then.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
He will only serve a third of his sentence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here