Votes: 1 0.5%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Started shit with nothing happening, getting rid of Thomson was good, then the signings- so overall happy.

8:albion2:

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
I gave a 9. Very happy. Keeping our best player(s) and signing six seemingley good ones. A big well done to the board.

With some of these players on deals until the end of the season i think we can look forward to another exciting transfer window during the summer.

The future is bright i feel. :yahoo:

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Six.

Better signings than I expected but when you take into account the loan players we lost and Doug Loft, the squad is actually one or two players LIGHTER than before the window opened.

Tosh. IN Birchall, Jarrett, Carole, Andrew, McNulty and Davies. Six players who one would expect to be first team squad regulars.
OUT Thornton, Fleetwood, Richards, Johnson, Loft, Robinson, Thomson. Loft and Robinson never got near being regulars. Even Thornton and Fleetwood were not regular starters.
.....and TWO players lighter. How so?

I give it 9.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
In - Birchall, Jarrett, Andrew, McNulty, Carole and Davies = Six.

Out - Thornton, Richards, Johnson, Loft, Robinson, Thomson, Gargan, Fleetwood, Anyinsah = Nine.

I am not saying the players who have come in have not improved the squad. I just would rather we had ADDED to the bare bones we had rather than just topping the squad back up.

True, not all the players who have left would nail down a first team spot - but we do have to cope with suspensions and injuries etc.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
7. did what we had to, to become a decent league 1 team.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Eight... same they seem to have not quite made t work for Robinson. Otherwise perfect.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
In - Birchall, Jarrett, Andrew, McNulty, Carole and Davies = Six.

Out - Thornton, Richards, Johnson, Loft, Robinson, Thomson, Gargan, Fleetwood, Anyinsah = Nine.

I am not saying the players who have come in have not improved the squad. I just would rather we had ADDED to the bare bones we had rather than just topping the squad back up.

True, not all the players who have left would nail down a first team spot - but we do have to cope with suspensions and injuries etc.

I forgot about Joe. I'm not giving you Gargan though. That's even sillier than Loft. Quality or quantity? Ideally both of course but I still give it a 9.

Higham Seagull Army

May 5, 2008
northants
8/10 , Davies and Mcnulty look like good business ,just worried if Murray has the heart to fight for his place if davies settles in ,and starts scoring from saturday .

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
7. Good additions but still lightweight in the middle of the park methinks. If Jarrett gets a knock/suspension let's look at who we have:

Fraser and El-Abd. Their attributes and limitations have been done to death on here.

Livermore: has played a number of games in the centre with Thompson, jury out I think.

Virgo: No thanks.

Burchell: This is his preferred position I believe so woiuld like to see him there with Jarrett.

And that's it. I therefore confidently predict that our new loan signing promised (?) by Insider will be a central midfielder.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
8/10

Two really promising long term signings in McNulty and Davies and three really good short term, free transfer signings who are all looking to get long term deals. Finally, one good loan.

We covered all the positions we needed players for and have cover in all areas now. Confident of survival now and more next season.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm giving a 9 for transfers in.

We are in a relegation scrap, and we still managed 6 quality signings, I don't really know how.

Top work from the club:thumbsup:

kjgood

Have to say I give it a 9. A team in trouble in the league, with terrible facilities, years of issues, as yet no real home, small and quiet crowds (apart from the away support who are normally perhaps some of the best in the lower leagues), who on earth would want to come here?

Hang on we're the mighty Brighton!!!!!! of course they do!

Seriously though, considering the funds available, I think with the information available at the moment, that the club have done extremely well in this transfer period. Will the players live up to the expectations we all now have? Thats the question!

I hope so.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
I’m happy. The signings are good on paper but they looked good in the summer and none of Livermore, McLeod, Hawkins or (to a lesser extent) Virgo have worked out particularly well. Hopefully, this batch will be better than the last but its too early to say as some people have that we will start climbing the table with the minimum of fuss.

Two extra points from me (9 overall) One for getting rid of Doug Shite and signing Carole. A player with a bit of flair. The other for beating Leeds to a player transfer.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
9 from me. To be honest, apart from Carole, I know next to nothing about our new signings so come April I might have different feelings. But Adams' judgement in the transfer market was pretty good first time round IMO, so my gut feeling is that our squad has been improved enough to comfortably avoid relegation.

We've spent some money and brought in half a team which exceeded all my expectations. Unlike some others I don't think the loss of Loft and Robinson is a mistake. And we have kept Murray.

24/09/08

Jan 19, 2009
BN1
just to clarify..
we did NOT sell Doug Loft, just went on loan.
he will come back a better player

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here