Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Market Porter and pubs around London bridge OPEN tomorrow

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
As regards London Bridge or Central Croydon, can't imagine pubs being closed pre-match as the post-work-drinks suit crowd would kick up a stink and they pay the govt/met's wages, or at least think they do. After the games will I suspect be a very different matter (with "have certified bouncers on the door or close, otherwise we won't respond to trouble" type messages from police to publicans). I may be wrong of course.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Some people think the MP is pricey? WTF, it's cheaper than most Brighton pubs (as most London pubs are). You want pricey nip round the corner to the Rake where pints can cost over £10 and the crisps are £4 a packet, and it's a Portakabin that doesn't even have a gents loo. The Market Porter is aces.

What has what one other place charges got to do with it? :facepalm:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Lots of bettet and CHEAPER than the market porter. overrated shit.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I may be drinking with the enemy but i know where you are :)

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
What has what one other place charges got to do with it? :facepalm:

ONE other place? Read what you quoted, I said it was similarly priced as most of Brighton's (350-odd) pubs. If someone says sonewhere is "pricey" I assume that means in comparative terms - in what other context does that word operate? What part of [MP = same prices as most Brighton pubs + much cheaper than its nearest Borough Market competitor = can't be described as PRICEY] do you object to? Please show your working. Ta x

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
If you need a pub in London Bridge, just wander round the corner down Southwark Street and head downstairs to the Wheatsheaf. Always have at least 6 guest ales, and the bar staff are F.I.T. Also not as pricey as the Market Porter.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
My view on the Market porter: it does a VERY decent pint of Harveys at an average price, has LOADS of room to stand outside, is RIGHT next to London bridge station and it never takes more than a MINUTE to get served. If anyone can do better with those perameters then let me know.

It was no-colours when we player millwall btw.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here