Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MARK McGHEE

caz

Aug 10, 2005
Can not believe that McGhee is trying to accommodate Leon Knight in the team, probally put him in the middle of midfield again. WHY?

Knight is a striker, so if a striker is not scoring then drop him.
If an air steward is not doing their job proper, then should he be accommodated on the plane, say as a pilot?
talking to some people who know Nicholas as a player can not believe that Nicholas is not in the starting 11, he is the best midfielder we have. Hammond and Nicholas should be in the centre of midfield every game, those of us who know about football can see that Nicholas has alot of skill and he's passing is acurate and a run of games will be our best player. If Lampard was at Brighton. McGhee would probably leave him on the bench so he can accommodate players like Knight, Oatway and Carpenter. Come on McGhee be brave. :angry:

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
I need to ask one question? Why is it that Dick Knight pays Mark McGhee to be at games and you pay to be at games?

If you are so good why not go and make a name for yourself?

Okay that was 2 questions but who cares it is a friday afternoon.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
fair play Caz - people may not agree but at least you were trying to be constructive. And you've learn't how to use the board!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Tis true Ranieri rated Nicolas very highly. But I would still plump for Hammond and Chippy in the middle.

As for Leon he is the most prolofic striker we have so it would be silly to leave him out. But he should be upfront not on the wing or in midfield or in goal or wherever.

Anyway I blame oatway :angry:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Hungry Joe said:
Women......know your limits.
Good point. Leave the football talk to the lads, eh Caz.

Oh and make mine a strong one Caz, no sugars. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

It wouldn't surprise me if that clueless Scot played a defender up front next. What a disaster that would be! :dunce:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
We need a creative player, McGhee thinks that Knight has the flair and the skill to be this player, he isnt just accomodating him. Knight has stood out this season as someone willing to buckle down and do any job asked of him.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Keeper?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I've been dismayed with some of what McGhee has done this year however Im behind him on this one at the moment. Knight has got a good attitude this year and is playing well, by all accounts he did well in the middle against Shrewsbury + we are still without a win so why not give it ago. Don't think anyone is really expecting us to get anything from Preston anyway but it might just might work .

BTW
Adam Virgo up front .. . . . never

larus

Maybe caz he views him as a createive/attcking midfielder more than an out-and-out striker. If he does, then I would agree with that asessment.

To me, Knight has the ability to be a Zola type of player. In the middle of the park he has the opportunity to move either way, being wide, it reduces his options.

His delivery of the ball is excellent, he can take players on with ease and being just behind the front players may actually lead to more opportunitues for him.

I would like LK to be given a few games in this position, as I have stated before that I think he could do a very good job in this type of role.

As for Nicolas, I would like to see him and Hammond in midfield, and ideally Oatway dropped. Formation of 3-4-1-2 (Kinight being the 1 behind the front 2). Only concern is who to play out left.

larus said:
Maybe caz he views him as a createive/attcking midfielder more than an out-and-out striker. If he does, then I would agree with that asessment.

To me, Knight has the ability to be a Zola type of player. In the middle of the park he has the opportunity to move either way, being wide, it reduces his options.

His delivery of the ball is excellent, he can take players on with ease and being just behind the front players may actually lead to more opportunitues for him.

I would like LK to be given a few games in this position, as I have stated before that I think he could do a very good job in this type of role.

As for Nicolas, I would like to see him and Hammond in midfield, and ideally Oatway dropped. Formation of 3-4-1-2 (Kinight being the 1 behind the front 2). Only concern is who to play out left.

Everything that I wanted to say but couldn't be arsed to write. Good post.

caz

Aug 10, 2005
Simster said:
Good point. Leave the football talk to the lads, eh Caz.

Oh and make mine a strong one Caz, no sugars. :thumbsup:

TEA OR COFFEE

larus said:

But what about the quite important point that not saddling Hammond with defensive midfield responsibilities allows him to raid the box more. It seems strange to me that so many people want to remove our top scorer from the position he's got those goals from.

Caz, Alexis is a defensibe midfielder, Knight is a creative midfielder. They are not really competing for the same roles. Alexis is likely to be kept out of the team this weekend by Carpenter, not Knight.

I'm a huge fan of this experiment of playing Knight in the middle, even if it costs either one of Carpenter and Oatway their places, both players I like a lot.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
caz said:
TEA OR COFFEE

Sorry caz but I just got obscene visions of you putting something unsavory in that beverage.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Keeper

RB El Abd
CB McShane
CB Butters
LB Dodd

RM Hart
CM Nicholas
LM Carole

AM Knight

ST Turi
ST Robinson

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
why not give it a go, lets be honest knight has struggled as a striker at this level, but he is excellent on the ball and is one of our best passers/dribblers.

I'd like to see nicholas given a good run in the team, I think he's a far better all round player than oatway.
However, Oatways main assets are required as well ie his 'never say die attitude' and leadership qualities.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here