Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mark Mcghee - has won the scottish prem

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
For FUCKS sake - please not again...................

I know :lolol: but do you notice its the anti McGhee's who always bring him back into the argument before the pro McGhee's do.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I think we all know that McGhee would have had us back in The Championship by now.

Do we? His latter day transfer record was quite patchy and we have been a team in decline (playing staff wise) since our last day survival against Ipswich. All this is academical anyway, as those with the money were not willing to back him and I very much doubt he would have got us out of this division last season. You only have to look at who we had to play upfront and a distinct lack of players in midfield to realise that.

Either way, it has worked out better for both parties. McGhee is doing well in Scotland and Wilkins is doing well at Brighton.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Do we? His latter day transfer record was quite patchy and we have been a team in decline (playing staff wise) since our last day survival against Ipswich. All this is academical anyway, as those with the money were not willing to back him and I very much doubt he would have got us out of this division last season. You only have to look at who we had to play upfront and a distinct lack of players in midfield to realise that.

Either way, it has worked out better for both parties. McGhee is doing well in Scotland and Wilkins is doing well at Brighton.

Well said BOF, lets leave it at that.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Right Mcghee was DK second choice, originally it was Danny Wilson. Anyway that aside MM did well for us for a time but it was also the right time that he moved on. In my opinion.

I bear him no ill will whatsoever as I know that what he did, he believed it for the best, Im glad that he is successful at Motherwell or indeed whomever he manages in the future.

Thank you MM but the king is dead long live the king.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Can't believe this is still going on. Why do people care anymore?

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Can't believe this is still going on. Why do people care anymore?

The thread was nearly closed but you had to go and reopen it!!

They care because he was the best manager we have had in years in many opinions.

It's like saying why do we care what Peter Ward is doing or what Bobby Zamora is doing. Actually come to think about it, I couldn't give a toss about Zamora but you get what I mean. If a player or manager has done extra ordinarily well for the club then it is natural to be interested in what they do when they leave.

For someone who doesn't care don't you find it a little strange that you post on EVERY Mark McGhee thread???

You care so much that you actually want him to fail. Come on be big enough to admit it.

PS Most successful Albion manager of recent times....live with it.

I post on a lot of threads, but particularly on Mcghee threads. It's amusing to wind up people like you, who still want to heap praise on him - and to redress some of the bollocks people like to say in his support.

You ought to accept that some people think he was a crap manager.

And no, I really don't "want him to fail" elsewhere, unless he was managing leeds or palace. Even leeds are just a passing thing - I only hope they fail to go up this season really. More akin to how I felt about Chesterfield about 8 seasons back.

As for your acclaim "most successful....", that's another thing I can't agree on either, whatever stats you want to bring up. In the big picture, I believe we were headed for disaster with him, and the rot was stopped just in time.
What Wilkins has done with what was left, is testament to his insight on the youth players, and all the squad enjoy the football much more now.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I post on a lot of threads, but particularly on Mcghee threads. It's amusing to wind up people like you, who still want to heap praise on him - and to redress some of the bollocks people like to say in his support.

You don't wind me up, you amuse with your vitriol on so many things but particularly on MM. You are so blinkered that I have never seen you offer even a smidgen of respect for anything he did.

Maybe you didn't go to Cardiff, maybe you were in an opium den in LA with rock stars when we stayed up in the last game of the season.

I'm well happy with DW in charge but he hasn't come REMOTELY close to matching the two achievements I mentioned above so you can take your myopic view and peddle it somewhere else, you cannot be taken seriously on here :angel:

MM gave me some great days as an Albion fan, your loss if he didn't do the same for you.

How many years experience does MM have over DW as a manager? DW has taken MM's declining team and taken them forward. Deano might not have had the success MM had yet, but in time i fully expect him to eclipse anything MM did at the Albion.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
How many years experience does MM have over DW as a manager? DW has taken MM's declining team and taken them forward. Deano might not have had the success MM had yet, but in time i fully expect him to eclipse anything MM did at the Albion.

Without meaning to drag this out or diss DW, didn't McGhee have pretty instant success at Reading once he started managing and continue it at most clubs he's been at? If he was the clown some deluded people on here suggest I hardly think he'd have the managerial record he has.

I hope Wilkins does eclipse anything MM did at the Albion, he might well have the opportunity, let's hope he takes it

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
The thread was nearly closed but you had to go and reopen it!!

They care because he was the best manager we have had in years in many opinions.

It's like saying why do we care what Peter Ward is doing or what Bobby Zamora is doing. Actually come to think about it, I couldn't give a toss about Zamora but you get what I mean. If a player or manager has done extra ordinarily well for the club then it is natural to be interested in what they do when they leave.

I didn't mean why do people care about MM I was referring to this ridiculous debate that has been done to death. MM has gone and DW has been in charge for over a year now but people still want to talk about it.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I didn't mean why do people care about MM I was referring to this ridiculous debate that has been done to death. MM has gone and DW has been in charge for over a year now but people still want to talk about it.

I think the thread title might be a clue to avoid it if you don't want to hear it ad nauseum. Any thread title with the word McGhee in it goes the same way.

Boring maybe, but I like these threads :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here