Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MARK MCGHEE - coolest man in WITHDEAN

Rob Roy

Banned
Dec 19, 2004
Re: Re: MARK MCGHEE - coolest man in WITHDEAN

the full harris said:
hehe

There is so much pent up aggression and frustration (source unspecified although I could hazard a guess) in London Irish's post, it is comical.

shut up you "know-it-all" STUDENT

bha.fatboy said:
But from what I saw from sitting behind the dug out Mcgoo was just about to bring Jake on and Booker even gave the change to the fourth official just before Chippy smashed a little belter into the onion bag. Kind of screws up your theory LI

Not so fast, bha.fatboy, it proves nothing of the kind.

I’m perfectly willing to accept what you you say is true about Jake being prepared by the dug-out to come on, such preparations are commonplace at the end of games. But the record would still show that McGhee kept faith with his front pairing for the overwhelming majority of the game, Jake might have got, what, 10 minutes at most, possibly less?

More importantly, you also have a difficult question to answer. Remember it was a midfielder shooting from the edge of the area who got the first goal, not the Virgs/Mac partnership. So why did McGhee decide to stick with them for the remainder of the game after the first goal went in?

If McGhee thought the Virgs/Mac partnership needed breaking up with Jake’s fresh legs, why did a goal from a midfielder alter that logic? Could it be that McGhee watching the game saw something in Virgs/Mac’s performance leading up to the goal that changed his mind? Or could it be that he thought a destabilised Gills team reeling from conceding a goal would be more vulnerable to the Virgs/Mac partnership rather than Jake?

Either way, McGhee TOOK THE DECISION to keep faith with his original selection. And that faith was rewarded.

I’m not saying this to have a go at Jake, who is a superb young player with a big future with us. Or that Virgs has to stay up front all season now, the success of Mac up front and a possible reversion to a more defensive 3-5-2 away may well see him return to defence soon.

What I'm trying to do is applaud McGhee’s consistency of purpose yesterday when siren calls would have led him to make possibly unnecessary tinkering.

McGhee used his footballing brain and tactical nous to make some hard choices and he deserves full credit for the fact that they turned out to be the right ones.

Heaven knows, he would have been panned by all and sundry for delaying substitution(s) if we hadn’t had succeeded, so it’s only fair to praise McGhee when he brings home the bacon, yes?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Good grief; we won a game yesterday by sheer determination and battling for everything and people are still moaning at each other.

Just enjoy the victory and the 3 points (and the fact that most of us aren't working today or tomorrow)

:)

London Irish, Jake had his top off standing by the dug out ready to come on. I think the reason for then not bringing him on was that we had scored. We were chasing the game at 1-0 down, and not really creating anything. So MM was probably gonna try something new up front to change it up. But after the goal went in, he probably thought the team out there could hold out the last 10mins for atleast a draw.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
LI calling people gay!
The thought police will have him for that.
Oh no I forgot, he's one of the NSC thought police!!!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Whatever your opinion about McGhee, he does seem to be a lucky manager.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
Re: Re: Re: MARK MCGHEE - coolest man in WITHDEAN

London Irish said:

Are you implying that the frustration and rage I vent while watching football offers a substitute for some kind of sexually dysfunctional relationship I have with my girlfriend?

Nope.

I was implying that the frustration and rage you vent on an INTERNET MESSAGE BOARD having returned home from the game offers a substitute for some kind of sexually dysfuntional relationship you have with your girlfriend.

Normally by the time the rest of us have left a game which our team have WON, had a couple of drinks with our FRIENDS afterwards and made our way (using sustainable transport of course) home, we do not have the need or desire to spend time venting our spleen on the internet to a bunch of happy people, the vast majority of which we don't even know in real life anyway.

Re: Re: Re: Re: MARK MCGHEE - coolest man in WITHDEAN

the full harris said:

Normally by the time the rest of us have left a game which our team have WON, had a couple of drinks with our FRIENDS afterwards and made our way (using sustainable transport of course) home, we do not have the need or desire to spend time venting our spleen on the internet to a bunch of happy people, the vast majority of which we don't even know in real life anyway.

Are you sure you posted that on the right MB? :lolol:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
MARK MCGHEE - coolest man in WITHDEAN

or just lucky on the day? What do others think?

:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I think he is a thoroughly professional football manager... and we aren't!

Much as many of us love to spout about doing this, or that - or we should have tried whatever... MM's income, reputation and career depend on what happens out on this pitch, week in, week out.

Being in a job where 1000's of people think they can do it better than you - without a clue about what it really takes - must be amusing, frustrating and at times must make down right angry.

I like the way MM handles the team, the press, his attempts to strengthen the playing squad, etc... yet again the Albion have a great manager!

I would love us to get approval for Falmer, stay up and persuade MM to continue planning for the long term future of the club.

Happy New Year Mark McGhee ! :clap2: :ascarf: :clap2:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

the full harris said:
Nope.

I was implying that the frustration and rage you vent on an INTERNET MESSAGE BOARD having returned home from the game offers a substitute for some kind of sexually dysfuntional relationship you have with your girlfriend.

:clap: exactly wot I said up top but in laymans terms

the full harris said:
Nope.

Oh look, another cuddly little passive-aggressive posting from Baby NSP.

So delighted you made time in your busy social schedule to come onto an INTERNET MESSAGE BOARD yesterday afternoon and vent your spleen - would loved to have caught up with it at the time, but alas I was in the pub :lol:

Yes, on Boxing Day I had more than a couple of drinks before the game with the girlfriend - hence the somewhat "value added" style of my initial posting. :)

Now Baby NSP, I'll concede you THIS ENTIRE ARGUMENT if you can assure me if the friends you were drinking with on Boxing Day provide you with blow jobs on demand.

Obviously if you were drinking with your fellow little boys from NSP, say no more!

Now, my little lifestyle guru, when you reply to this posting this evening or tomorrow, please strain the bounds of irony to its breaking point by giving me some more advice on how I can improve my life even further. Tips on how to hold on to a girlfriend would be much appreciated :thumbsup:

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: MARK MCGHEE - coolest man in WITHDEAN

London Irish said:
Oh look, another cuddly little passive-aggressive posting from Baby NSP.

So delighted you made time in your busy social schedule to come onto an INTERNET MESSAGE BOARD yesterday afternoon and vent your spleen - would loved to have caught up with it at the time, but alas I was in the pub :lol:

Yes, on Boxing Day I had more than a couple of drinks before the game with the girlfriend - hence the somewhat "value added" style of my initial posting. :)

Now Baby NSP, I'll concede you THIS ENTIRE ARGUMENT if you can assure me if the friends you were drinking with on Boxing Day provide you with blow jobs on demand.

Obviously if you were drinking with your fellow little boys from NSP, say no more!

Now, my little lifestyle guru, when you reply to this posting this evening or tomorrow, please strain the bounds of irony to its breaking point by giving me some more advice on how I can improve my life even further. Tips on how to hold on to a girlfriend would be much appreciated :thumbsup:

He doesn't like me does he? :(

I am afraid you can't concede me this entire argument as after the boxing day game I was drinking with my sister and her boyfriend. I think for them to give me blow jobs 'on demand' would not be a good thing for any of us.

Tips on how to improve your life?........................ drink one bottle of yakult every morning?

As for how to hold onto a girlfriend, I guess not having sweaty palms and not wearing mittens would help?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here