Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mark McGhee Confirmed as new Seagulls Boss - ** Discuss it here **

(was)DBS

Jul 24, 2003
Southwick
Well done dick proved all the doubters wrong AGAIN:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
I'm chuffed with the appointment, he could have easily gone for a no-hoper (a la rosenior) but he's done well getting McGhee. An honest talking (a la adams) manager who will get the best out of his players. Should also have some decent contacts in England & probably Scotland as well. Any chance we can get Henrik on loan Mr McGhee???? :D

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
McGhee is fine. I'd rather Dowie, but what the heck. Lets get behind McGhee 100%!

MARK MCGHEE'S BLUE N WHITE ARMY

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
very good choice he has good connections and he wont stand for any piss poor showings by the team.
plus will want to show millwall they were wrong for sacking him

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
I think he's a good appointment. Lets hope he can get us a kid or too from Man U to stregthen the squad. More importantly in the short term he needs to give the squad a rocket after 3 bad performances and get them playing again. We must beat Peterboro on Saturday as they are shite.

Mark McGhee :clap2: :clap2:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Colour me happy. Didn't have a lot of time for him when he was at Wolves - but that's just my anti-Wolves thing.

Nice appointment DK - Div 1, we're coming back.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
The Timekeeper said:
:clap2: Time will tell, probably best choice from applicants. I would of liked Dowie but McGhee will turn the recent poor form around and we will stuff Peterborough on Saturday:clap2:

Give the man time to assess???

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
Good appointment,quite happy with that.Good track record.
One thing bothers me,he has had success and recently left a club in a higher division.Could he be building his reputation up ? So when another so called bigger club come in he will have more success on his CV ? Still we have to live with that until Falmer.
Peterborough here I come to Welcome Mark McGhee's Blue and White army.:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :drink: :drink:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm pretty happy with McGhee. On paper the appointment looks, no pun intended, 'tailor-made' for both him and the Albion.

He's got the contacts and the experience, as well as a consistetly good track record. I'm looking forward to Peterboro already.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I'm pleased. his track record is good, but whoever it might have been would have had my (and i'm sure everyone else's) support 100%

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I'm pleased. his track record is good, but whoever it might have been would have had my (and i'm sure everyone else's) support 100%

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Anyone hear him interviewed on Talksport at about 2pm?
Couple of interesting quotes. One about bringing in a couple of new players in the immediate future (Said he had already been discussing options with Bob Booker).
He also said he wasn't where he wanted to be! I was shocked at first but he meant that he wants to manage in the first division and he thinks Brighton will be there soon. No doubt the Argus will run an "I don't want to be here" exclusive!

With regard to Millwall a mate of mine is a Millwall fan and was over the moon when MM was sacked. Apparently the style of play was poor, fans disagreed with the tactics and he got rid of a number of popular players. Still can't understand it myself, they were only 6 points from top when he left!

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I'm personally delighted that McGhee is on board, and that he's already thinking in terms of drafting in some new faces. Let's just hope that the lads now buck their ideas up and start playing as a team. Three defeats in a row was very difficult to stomach.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Last edited:

Wienergull

Geht in Ordnung
Jul 10, 2003
Berlin Mitte
Wasn't sure at first, but I'm gradually warming to the idea. Can't deny that he has a good track record in the Second. Didn't he make himself very unpopular with Reading fans when he walked out for better things at Leicester? Oh, the irony of it!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here