Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mark McCammon

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
scored again for Bizzle. Could be a 10+ goal a season man in league 1 which is more than any player we have at the club

Thoughts ?

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
He was a substitute on Saturday. And let's face it, most of their team scored on Saturday!

Kev is spot on, though. He could have made a difference for us on Saturday.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
brightonfan_86 said:
We should never of let him go out on loan, I know he is useless. But he was the kind of target man we needed on Saturday against Shittu and the other centre back.
That's brilliant, you have managed to contradict yourself twice in the space of 34 words.

'Shouldn't have gone on loan' vs 'He is useless' vs 'He was the kind of target man we needed'. So McGhee shouldn't let his complete lack of talent and skill get in the way of your insistence that he should get picked.

Last edited:

E

enigma

The Large One said:
That's brilliant, you have managed to contradict yourself twice in the space of 34 words.

'Shouldn't have gone on loan' vs 'He is useless' vs 'He was the kind of target man we needed'. So McGhee shouldn't let his lack of talent and skill get in the way of your insistence that he should get picked.

:lolol:

Dougal said:
scored again for Bizzle. Could be a 10+ goal a season man in league 1 which is more than any player we have at the club

Thoughts ?
The fact that Knight and McCammon are scoring in League 1 I take to mean that CKR would fill his boots.

Last edited:

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Re: Re: Mark McCammon

London Irish said:
The fact that Knight and McCammon are scoring in League 1 I take to mean that CKR would fill his boots.

We knew they would score in L1, that was the point. And a season in L1 might not do our youngsters a massive amount of harm, get them scoring and some confidence...

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Re: Re: Mark McCammon

London Irish said:

Yep that boy needs a rocket up his arse. But if an ex international striker cannot get the best out of him well. :nono: :nono: :nono:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Re: Re: Re: Mark McCammon

Seagull73 said:
We knew they would score in L1, that was the point. And a season in L1 might not do our youngsters a massive amount of harm, get them scoring and some confidence...

blind optimism, which of our youngsters is good enough to shine in L1 ?

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Re: Re: Re: Re: Mark McCammon

Dougal said:
blind optimism, which of our youngsters is good enough to shine in L1 ?

Don't tell me you've forgotten how shit L1 is already, we've only been gone two years, not even that.

How shit were we when we went up last time, and we've got better youngsters now than we did then...

Dr Bandler

Dec 17, 2005
Peterborough
For all his failings I would rather have McCammon at the moment than CKR, who is absolutely useless. McCammon can pressurise big defenders like Shittu (remember the home game v QPR) and win balls in the air to keep momentum moving. At the moment the ball goes to CKR and its the end of the movement - that is why the midfield do not have the confidence to get forward. And I dont believe CKR will be much better in Div1.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Mark McCammon

Seagull73 said:
Don't tell me you've forgotten how shit L1 is already, we've only been gone two years, not even that.

How shit were we when we went up last time, and we've got better youngsters now than we did then...

Harding
Virgo

both gone

Knight was a younster + scored 30 goals.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I am at a loss to think of any of McCammon's redeeming features.

If his entire role was to 'unsettle defenders', why don't we just send him out with a loudhailer, or an inflatable banana? Or an Uzi? Truth is, the ball comes to him in the air, he wins it maybe half of the time, and you need to be Uri Geller or Sceptic Smeg to guess where the ball will end up when he does win it. He is the original 'Mr 50p Head'.

On the ground, it is pure comedy football. It is like he is inside one of those big 'It's A Knockout' dummies with his lack of co-ordination and manoueverability. All that's missing is Stuart Hall screaming 'COME ON MARK, YOU CAN DO IT. AH HA HA HA HA HA. OOHH NOOO, THE GERMANS HAVE WON IT PLAYING THEIR JOKER...'

Anyone remember his legs carrying him into the corner against QPR at Withdean, when the rest of his body so desparately wanted to go towards goal? Then someone in the crowd shouted at him to 'TURN'. That's just plain cruel on the fella.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Mark McCammon

Dougal said:
Harding
Virgo

both gone

Knight was a younster + scored 30 goals.
There does seem to be a misty-eyed rose-tined retrospective view of Dan Harding on this board. Am I really the only person who thought that he was a liability-laden, AWOL-prone donkey at left-back? Am I the only person who thought that we fleeced Leeds United good and proper?

Blimey.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
The Large One said:
I am at a loss to think of any of McCammon's redeeming features.

If his entire role was to 'unsettle defenders', why don't we just send him out with a loudhailer, or an inflatable banana? Or an Uzi? Truth is, the ball comes to him in the air, he wins it maybe half of the time, and you need to be Uri Geller or Sceptic Smeg to guess where the ball will end up when he does win it. He is the original 'Mr 50p Head'.

On the ground, it is pure comedy football. It is like he is inside one of those big 'It's A Knockout' dummies with his lack of co-ordination and manoueverability. All that's missing is Stuart Hall screaming 'COME ON MARK, YOU CAN DO IT. AH HA HA HA HA HA. OOHH NOOO, THE GERMANS HAVE WON IT PLAYING THEIR JOKER...'

Anyone remember his legs carrying him into the corner against QPR at Withdean, when the rest of his body so desparately wanted to go towards goal? Then someone in the crowd shouted at him to 'TURN'. That's just plain cruel on the fella.

Here come the Belgians!!! HA HA HAAAAAA HAAA HAAAA :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

I think that there is plenty of milegage in this. Maybe we could field Trolley IN A Trolley for some more Jeux Sans Frontiers!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here