Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mark Lawrenson, what a tosser.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
smudge said:
I like him......& I know he likes Brighton.
I think he might of been having what's known as a "laugh!"

Do you know him Smudge or is that just the impression you've got from him? If you know what he realy feels for Brighton then I'll bow to your greater knowledge on the matter. As for having a "laugh!", if he was I'd strongly recommend he doesn't go into Stand Up.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
yes speak up smudge because as far as i'm aware he's never had a good word to say and it was the same saturday.

He had a better chance than ever to say something positive about Brighton and blew it/ignored it yet again.F*ck off Lawro. :angry:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Having seen ML play for us, I would say that he is IMHO (football wise) the best player to ever have been with the club.

Better than Ward, Horton et al. Not my favourite player but the best player.

If he had plumped for England rather than Ireland, he would have gained many English caps.

I just wish, sometimes, that he would acknowledge a little more the time he played with the club!!!!

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
Brixtaan said:
yes speak up smudge because as far as i'm aware he's never had a good word to say and it was the same saturday.

He had a better chance than ever to say something positive about Brighton and blew it/ignored it yet again.F*ck off Lawro. :angry:

perfectly put :clap: :clap: :clap:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Oh for fucks sake, typical NSC overeaction, Lawrenson ALWAYS looks pissed off unless he is talking about his beloved Preston.

Those who saw him play for the Albion would know that there has, and probably never will be a more technically gifted player to don the shirt, what he contributed to the club far far outweighs his attitude towards us now, and as I said before his attitude towards life in general is hardly inspirational.

Before you all start slagging him off, why dont you ask someone who saw him play in an Albion shirt ?

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I can never respect a football pundit who never had some kind of success as a manager. It makes me laugh when they are pointing out what managers should do with their teams when they made complete balls ups of their own short management careers.

Kamara comes into that category too. Note that he said we would need at least six or seven new players to stay up this season.

Martlet

Jul 15, 2003
munster monch said:
I can never respect a football pundit who never had some kind of success as a manager. .

Hansen
Lineker
Lynam

vs

Ron Atkinson
Chris "no management record" Kamara (clearly not the same Kamara who got Bradford City promoted?)
Jimmy Hill

I know who'd I'd rather...

rool

Jul 10, 2003
errrrr, yes exactly.. Even just using Atkinson and Hill as examples, they know more about the complete process of running a club and it's day to day problems, putting a team together and planning for a match than any of the top three. Two of them were very successful players and that's all they had to worry about and the other is a TV presenter who can keep the chat going a bit.

Sorry but I do not rate Kamara at all as a pundit.

It's only my opinion

look at it this way

:eek:

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
Before you all start slagging him off, why dont you ask someone who saw him play in an Albion shirt ? [/B][/QUOTE]

I did and you're right, he was a different class.

Truth is though, to listen to him on the telly, you'd never know he ever played for us. He has spurned several fantastic opportunities to give us a plug and therefore I don't like him. Loved him in a Brighton shirt, can't stand him now.

wilderabeast

Jul 27, 2004
The Promised Land
i think the poor fella is just a bit of a misery maybe in a jack dee sort of comic way i think he does it for effect and practises his misery pought.. all the same not the greatest pundit but certainly was asuperb player for us

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Rougvie said:
Oh for fucks sake, typical NSC overeaction, Lawrenson ALWAYS looks pissed off unless he is talking about his beloved Preston.

Those who saw him play for the Albion would know that there has, and probably never will be a more technically gifted player to don the shirt, what he contributed to the club far far outweighs his attitude towards us now, and as I said before his attitude towards life in general is hardly inspirational.

Before you all start slagging him off, why dont you ask someone who saw him play in an Albion shirt ?

I did and I agree he was the best player we've ever had but I still think he's a twat who would rather pretend he never donned the blue and white stripes.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
C1 BHA said:
Can't decide whether to eat a large slice of humble pie.........

nah! I still think he's a prize tosser:)

Doesn't change my opnion of him at all. That was clearly at a Brighton forum, of course he's going to say the right things, but his comments on independant forums have shown at the very least a patronising attitude towards the club. It's not just his attitude towards Brighton when he's had the chance to be supportive of us, it's about pretty much any club outside the Premiership, unless of course they're Non-League gutsy heroes or PNE. I remember listening to him on the Wright/Bright show and when they brought up the Brighton connection he seemed to choke on air. It's as if he's scared he'll be seen as a softy-southerner lover (the whole softy southerner thing is one of this countries greatest ever cons as it is, peddled by the minority of Northern bigots who would get pulped if they ventured down to these parts) which, if true, is pretty pathetic.

Last edited:

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Rougvie said:
Those who saw him play for the Albion would know

, why dont you ask someone who saw him play in an Albion shirt ?

Fair enough,i'll take your ugly little slur on the chin but that doesn't change my opinion.He would sing a different song if he cared.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Lawrenson was probably the best player we ever had. He was still in the early stages of his career with us but just oozed class whether he was playing at the back or in midfield.

If you get TGC's latest DVD of the Newcastle game, he is interviewed in a very emotional state after we gained promotion. As I said elsewhere, if you really want to embarrass him, then someone should send Football Focus the clip from the DVD - I'm sure that the others on the sofa would love to rip the p!ss out of him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here