Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mark Lawrenson - f***ing BENNY?

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Safeway said:
Because the alternatives are Terry Venables, Kevin Keegan and John BARNES.

Could be worse. BBC Wales often employ Ian RUSH. f***'s sake.....

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Pavilionaire said:
I think Lineker is excellent, as is Hansen. The problem is the Beeb too often have muppets like Peter Reid and the God-awful Ian Wright alongside these masters - Lawro has to go, and go quickly. Southgate was dull.

I think they both can be - but they are too often self-indulgent and forget the analysis.

This is why when someone comes on who can analyse what is happening they stand out like a sore thumb. Even Jackie Charlton compared well with them last night.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Here, here. It was cringingly patronising ... "let's all take the piss out of the goalkeeper who comes from a slightly obscure country because he punches it, regardless of how effective it was". Painful listening.

ripper

Jul 5, 2003
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
While watching the FOOTIE on the BOX last night did anyone else find Mark Lawrenson extremely irritating and very harsh towards the Azeri goalkeeper? I believe when he stopped Owens header when it hit Beckham and then the post he immediatly called him 'helpless' and during the whole first half kept having a pop at him because he wouldn't catch the ball. He did flippantly apologise when he realised the keeper had actually saved the header but it was too little, too late.

No mention at half time that the keeper had arguably kept the Azers in the game either, silly !!!!.

Must admit i was thinking exactly the same thing. I thought he had made a couple of good saves.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Lawrenson's biggest crime is that in 99% of interviews i've ever heard he virtually glosses over his Albion days and just twats on about Liverpool and Preston.

I can't recall where i heard the rumour but supposedly his disdain for us relates to the fact that during his days here he split up with his wife as he was caught playing away.

Tosser with a tache!:angry:

During the Euro's (though could have been the world cup, my memory is failing) Lawrenson had a go at Linekar for the long discusion about England "and what about Ireland" .

What about Ireland, replied Linekar.

We've talked too much about England. Replied Lawrenson.

The camera flicked to a very annoyed Linekar.

Cue no Lawrenson for the following week of BBC coverage. I thought they had kicked him off the programme. Lawrenson you idiot you were being paid to report on England not Ireland!!!

Go to IRE TV and a tenth of your wage if you want to report on your "home" nation.

I don't mind football pundits from other nations, it stops us being too anti Johnny Foreigner and opens up a different perspective.

But Hansen and Lawrenson are basically the same act!

:lolol:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
METALMICKY said:
Lawrenson's biggest crime is that in 99% of interviews i've ever heard he virtually glosses over his Albion days and just twats on about Liverpool and Preston.

I can't recall where i heard the rumour but supposedly his disdain for us relates to the fact that during his days here he split up with his wife as he was caught playing away.

Tosser with a tache!:angry:

I think you are right MM. He was also very tight with his cash, according to his ex-wife (in a Sunday Tabloid).

The worst pundit on the BBC is Schmeical. I agree that Le Saux will become a good pundit.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Le saux and people like matt holland are not bad at all. they know what they're talking about. the thing that annoys me is when the likes of lawro and hansen slag off managers for their team choice. If they ever got into management, they would be bollocks!
another word about lawro is from when we were on cult heroes. the three nominees were crumplin, foster and peter ward, and it showed all the videos and that and the feature on crumplin. then, they read out an e-mail from an albion fan saying how lawro was the most accomplished player ever to wear the shirt (i wouldn't know, i'm 16), and lawro basically acted like he didn't hear it. i dont know why he makes it such a secret that he played for little old brighton, but makes a big deal out of mighty preston
hes a disgrace:angry:

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
He is a f***ing IMBECILE

If it wasn't for what he did for us, would Liverpool have come in and paid £900,000 for him?

NO they f***ing wouldn't so don't ignore your time at The Albion Lawrenson you f***ing BINNER

He is SHIT as a summariser - Graeme Le Saux is much more entertaining and talks knowledgeably about the modern game.

And relax ....................................

:clap2:

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Lawro is a first class muppet with honours

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here