Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mark Cavendish - What a Star

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
One stage win is a magnificent achievement in itself, four is just extraordinary stuff. Do hope he's not on the dope...

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Very good effort by a young rider.

Has benefited from

No Boonen
McEwen getting no team support(because of Evans)
Barloworld team down to 4 people
Rabobank not supporting Óscar Freire (because of Menchov)

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
One stage win is a magnificent achievement in itself, four is just extraordinary stuff. Do hope he's not on the dope...

Stage winner is tested every day. So would seem he is most definitely not.

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
Hes now second in the green jersy competition aswell. Got a way to go to catch freire though. Just hope he can get through the mountains and finish it. who knows? it could be 5 in paris.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

My wife is a friend of his old track coach in Manchester and he is very clean. He was the first to sign up to the anti doping charter and among the new breed of cyclist and teams committed to daily blood tests and transparent results.

Request Testing Results

Rumour is another positive was to be released tonight of an old high profile name.

Big thing for Cav is the bits between the sprints, I can barley get up a cat climb and I certainly could'nt cycle at their speeds. I did the London Canturbury stage last year and it took me over 6 hours.

What I loved was on the way back from the cricket they covered the finish live on radio 5, he said he was so knackered and just had to catch sleep as much as possible.

Just about to watch the highlights on itv 4

He wil try and get over the moutains with as little effort as possible the trouble is you get eliminated if you go too slow.

Go Cavendish cannot believe it was less than a year ago he won in Southhampton on the Tour of Britain.

Last edited:

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Awesome. Just bloody awesome.
I love watching this every July but I've gotta get out there and watch live sometime. Said the same last year and didn't do it. Maybe next year.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Shame he's on a bike, as Vicky P proved, you get no recognition when it's BBC Sports Personality of the Year, time.

I'm also glad Mystic Stat has proven to be as reliable as ever.
I think, somewhere on here, is my prediction along the lines of 'perhaps 2 stage wins'.
I bet Cunego read that thread and thought f**k it, I'm going home.

Tyrone is right though, he is getting all his own way.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
excellent stuff, just watched the highlights on ITV

fair play to Team Columbia as well, they really carried him to that (and the other) wins just like they did so long for Armstrong !!

There's alot to be very positive about British cycling at the moment as we have world champions in just about very discipline

Im off to the garden to clean the layer cake of my mountain bike before tomorrows ride

treats

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sorry Redders pedant alert.

Cav is riding with Big George on what would have been Jan Ulrich's T-Mobile squad.
Lance's squad, that was, was absorbed by Astana, who were last years Saunier Duval

ManxSeagull

NSC Creator
Jul 5, 2003
Isle of Man
Cycling on the Isle of Man is very strong at the moment.

below is an article from the Guardian recently:

A first stage win for Mark Cavendish and the Isle of Man and there should be much more to come, both from Cav and the island. At 23, the Team Columbia sprinter has several years ahead of him to match Barry Hoban's British record of eight stages, while the island will boast a second cycling Olympian this year, the road racer Jonny Bellis, bronze medal in last year's under-23 Worlds and destined for a professional contract with the CSC team this autumn. In the road endurance academy is another prospect, Peter Kennaugh, all of 19 and a gold medallist in the under-23 track world championships. Bubbling under in the Olympic Development Programme are Mark Christian and Chris Whorrall. With so much burgeoning talent from such a tiny talent pool, the Manx team will be a good outside bet for a gold in the team pursuit at the Commonwealth Games in Delhi in 2010.

You read it here first...

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
My favourite thing about this year's tour is that there is a team called Barloworld.

07315_144724_KEN_BARLOW.jpg
storyfdc1b816fc8230cf240700780395837d.jpg

It just sounds like some horrific, Weatherfield theme park.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Cycling on the Isle of Man is very strong at the moment.

below is an article from the Guardian recently:

A first stage win for Mark Cavendish and the Isle of Man and there should be much more to come, both from Cav and the island. At 23, the Team Columbia sprinter has several years ahead of him to match Barry Hoban's British record of eight stages, while the island will boast a second cycling Olympian this year, the road racer Jonny Bellis, bronze medal in last year's under-23 Worlds and destined for a professional contract with the CSC team this autumn. In the road endurance academy is another prospect, Peter Kennaugh, all of 19 and a gold medallist in the under-23 track world championships. Bubbling under in the Olympic Development Programme are Mark Christian and Chris Whorrall. With so much burgeoning talent from such a tiny talent pool, the Manx team will be a good outside bet for a gold in the team pursuit at the Commonwealth Games in Delhi in 2010.

You read it here first...

Having never been to the Isle of Man, does Mark have a local accent or has it been influenced by all his training in the North East of England.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
There's something fishy about him, I smell a red Herring.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here