Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

mark by the sea on the argus

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Could be Gus is now waiting on Laudrup.....

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
Longer it goes the more I think he might be staying. Not sure that is for the best, he doesnt want to be here and the board dont seem keen either.

That's the sort of speculation that will get this thread removed, if it provokes a more detailed discussion.

Be careful.

Surely saying "he might be staying" is the OPPOSITE of speculation - ie, there is an investigation going on (stated fact), the results of which could determine whether he stays or goes (inferred even if not stated), ergo he might go but then again he might not (logical conclusion).

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Surely saying "he might be staying" is the OPPOSITE of speculation - ie, there is an investigation going on (stated fact), the results of which could determine whether he stays or goes (inferred even if not stated), ergo he might go but then again he might not (logical conclusion).

He referring to the comments that "he doesnt want to be here" - made up, and "the board dont seem keen either" - also made up.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
It may simply come down to the fact that we can't afford to buy out the contracts, neither can the parties concerned, and no other club who may wish to engage their services can afford to either.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Not sure that having a Manager who doesn't really want to be the Manager is even worse than having no Manager at all
Precisely,......I cannot predict what he might say to appease us all,..... but it will take a bit of effort from him to convince me.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Yes I know he is very hit and miss but he states this morning that gus is staying but harty in his herald piece says gus is going ????

Well if Mark by the sea said it MUST be true! Theres more BS spouted by jokers on there than there are on here

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Gus's options are now very limited if he wants better than he had. A sabbatical until September /October when some lower Premier League team might take a gamble on him, after sacking their manager, is looking the most likely scenario imo. Whether we'll be paying him or him paying us in the meantime is yet to be decided...

Either the club or Gus are going to have to do some serious humble pie eating in the very unlikely event he stays.

And l really don't think that Gus is a humble-pie sort of guy.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Longer it goes the more I think he might be staying. Not sure that is for the best, he doesnt want to be here and the board dont seem keen either.

I love it how people are convinced they know what others think and that they can speak for them, when they know nothing.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
And l really don't think that Gus is a humble-pie sort of guy.

True he's more likely to go for a multi coloured knickerbocker Glory with sparklers. When it arrives he'll look around with a smug grin making sure that everyone else has seen how he has the most colourful dessert :jester:

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
What does that psychic llama think, the one that got his play-off prediction hopelessly wrong?

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Could be Gus is now waiting on Laudrup.....

Not sure that Huw Jenkins would be too enamoured replacing a man who says his budget is inadequate with another manager who (allegedly) says his budget is inadequate?

It would also make Gus look like Laudrup's sloppy seconds and, by the majority of speculation, Gus has an ego that would make that scenario a very problematic one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here