Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
I pre-ordered mine from Game.

Should have thought ahead El Pres

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
I only got my Wii last Friday, bought on a whim. I only learned about Mario Kart a few days ago and I was in Asda an hour before they started selling it so I hung around as they refused to sell it to me an hour early.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I got mine from Gamestation pre-ordered, although when I wa sin Tesco at lunch time in Three Bridges they had them in stock in there and it was only £32 too.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Sold out in all shops in town yesterday. Anyone know where I can get it?

Ps - Those that have got it, some reviews please ? :)

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
It's f***ing WELL MEGA.

I've been on it all weekend. Controls are ace, tracks are ace, everything looks and feels exactly as it should.

Everyone has been itching for a go on this and I've shared the wealth with about 16 different friends over the course of the weekend, with a unanimous thumbs up from all.

CLASSIC Mario Karting action. If you have a Wii and you don't own this, you are WASTING your Wii.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
currently back in B-town from uni and via town got my brother the game.

Lets just say its a MAJOR distraction to dissertation work.

Very fun game though. My brother is adamant that it's easier not using the wheel but using the controller/attachment thingy combo.

i use the wheel as its a RACING GAME and i feel i should....though i constantly get destroyed at it.

alot of new perks. example is you can race as you 'mii' character. also you can have bikes and various automobiles. on a bike you can wheely which helps in straightr lines and also you can jump in the air when doing going off a ramp, as well as doing tricks in the air.

One track has 'half-pipe' styles walls which u must jump up. all very fun.

Online play is quite good actually.

in fact i might go play now so i can assess further...

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
The game is tops as you might expect, but playing it online against friends is where it really excels.

The only drawback is you have no option to talk to your mates whilst playing. Nintendo have missed a trick there I think.

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
The game is tops as you might expect, but playing it online against friends is where it really excels.

The only drawback is you have no option to talk to your mates whilst playing. Nintendo have missed a trick there I think.

Or... you don't have to listen to 12 year olds or Americans constantly whining = WIN

I think it's dead good and the wheel works better than I expected.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Have to say that it is a really good game. The missus is out tonight so will be having another session on it then. Anyone want to add me as a friend and have a race? We could set up a NSC grand prix.

If so drop me a PM with your friend number and I will PM you back with mine when I get home.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
It is absolutely top stuff, classic 'one more go' type game, can't put it down at the mo.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Incidentally, I discovered today that a couple of work mates were playing the game using automatic drift - ALL WRONG.

Remember people, Manual drift is the ONLY way, else you're not playing Mario Kart.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Manual drift makes you go faster as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here