Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Marie Harding's murderer found guilty

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I knew one of the guys he killed. The London pub-man in Tottenham/Seven Sisters. I would never had tried to get him as he was a 6ft5 former army guy who i was physically terrified of.

The whole thing is odd. Like a poor story written by a confused child.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
One of the problems is that human behaviour is incredibly difficult to predict, and mental illnesses are massively wide ranging in their effects. Even depression can be a sign of a downhill slide, but how many people suffer from that? Thousands.

There are people I deal with at work who suffer from mental problems, but aren't considered sectionable, usually because they aren't considered a threat to themselves or anyone else. Equally, there are people in Millview hospital (mental care place in Hove) who don't appear to have any psychotic tendencies.

We can detain people under the Mental Health Act at work if they appear to be an imminent danger to either themselves or others. But frustratingly, what often happens is that the ones we consider (no offence intended) completely mad are usually the ones who the psychiatrists then assess as absolutely fine, and release them back out. The ones who look the least problematic often end up being sectioned, for whatever reason.

:shootself

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
ben andrews' girlfriend said:
He got sentenced to life meaning life today

Good. The only outcome that was justice.
I hope Marie's family can move on now.

Such a blithe and careless reasoning for ending lives that had ambitions, hope, families who loved them, and meaningful histories.
Obviously the murderer has a tenuous grip on reality, so we can only hope he realises a new nasty sense of reality that may grip him in the slammer.

Last edited:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The more you hear about it, the more Brett Easton Ellis it becomes. Completely desensitised, motiveless killing. Tragic waste of life, this clearly won't be 'closure' but I hope it helps the families in some small way.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The guy was a very very sick man and pleaded with his GP to help him. Was he evil was he sick. Once again another example of this country's health service letting its people down. Its a tragedy for the Harding family and a tragedy for everyone concerned.

simonsimon

Dec 31, 2004
"care in the community" invented by the social climbing mad bitch Thatcher and her cohorts, to save money!

They knew these uncurable sick people would murder a few peasants every year,
but also knew this would hardly ever effect their social class.

Another piece of social engineering SHE and the Tory Party should be held to account for.

:smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Uncle Spielberg said:
The guy was a very very sick man and pleaded with his GP to help him. Was he evil was he sick. Once again another example of this country's health service letting its people down. Its a tragedy for the Harding family and a tragedy for everyone concerned.

He was evil. The court proceeding has proven that.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The NHS let him down. His illness made him evil. Its a tragedy all round as I said.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Uncle Spielberg said:
The NHS let him down. His illness made him evil. Its a tragedy all round as I said.

If that was the case it would have been manslaughter with diminished responsinbility. That's what his defence wanted.
He was found guilty of murder.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Uncle Spielberg said:

I'm sorry but i'm going to disagree with you - if he was mentally ill - he would have been given murder with diminished responsibility. He didnt - he got murder. He planned to kill 10 people, and killed 6, and tried to blame Freddy Krueger / illness to justify it. The amount of tests that he had by psychiatrists would have been huge ( remember the murders and his arrest was over a year ago - ever since he had had tests), and the psychiatrists found that he knew what he was doing.

You cannot blame the NHS for this man - he is as sick as Huntley in my opinion.

This may be because I knew one of the people who was brutally stabbed very well - but i have no sympathy for that man what so ever. He robbed 6 families of their loved ones. He should rot.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Yorkie said:
If that was the case it would have been manslaughter with diminished responsinbility. That's what his defence wanted.
He was found guilty of murder.

Great minds and all that :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here