Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Marie Harding: "Man held"

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
From the BBC...

Man held over dead grandmother

Sussex Police has described the arrest of a man, 24, in connection with the murder of a 73-year-old woman as a "significant breakthrough".

The body of Marie Harding was found by a dog walker on Wednesday afternoon on a footpath in Southwick, near Hove.

Sussex Police said the grandmother had been stabbed once in the neck.

Mrs Harding, 73, worked part-time at the Brighton and Hove Albion club's Queen's Road ticket office. A minute's silence was held a game on Saturday.

The man, whose name has not been released, is being questioned by detectives at a north London police station.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Top work Officers. :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
That's got to be the best news of the weekend.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Excellent news, softly softly then nail this bastard

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Let's make sure he's the culprit first...then nail the bastard if he's the one.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I do find these :clap2: smillies a little inappropriate. Let's think on this with a little more dignity before we do the internet messageboard equivalent of 'whooooping'.

Indeed, well done the officers for identifying a suspect, but at this stage, until we know more, he is just that - a suspect.

Last edited:

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
I agree with TLO. And I think everyone should be reminded that we shouldn't be making ANY speculation at present about anything the arrested man may have done. It may effect any future trial, and any future conviction.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
One report said that Dan Harding is Marie's grandson? Maybe this was common knowledge but I didn't know. If true, it's amazing he played Saturday but I suspect someone has jumped to a false conclusion.

Regardless, let's hope the police have got the right man. Whoever did this deserves to rot.

I heard this over the weekend from a mate that is a copper, but didn't post due to the sensitive nature and the danger/ptential upset that unsubstantiated rumour could cause.

Hampshire Police arrested a man shortly after a random knife attack on Saturday on couple in the Portsmouth area. I will not go in to details other than to say, fortunately the couple escaped with non life threatening injuries and a man was picked up a couple of hours later. The link was then made with the Sussex incident and the man is beig treated as a suspect.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
The guy arrested for a multiple stabbing murder in north london yesterday was from Crawley. Wonder whether it's the same bloke. Especially as he's being held at a station in north london, too. All three victims stabbed. All three pensioners.

Whoever did it, let's just pray the family gets justice. RIP Marie.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here