Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Marginal Seats

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Aren't students usually registered in both their place of study and where they're from? I know I was when I was a student and could potentially vote twice.

Technically I think students can vote twice in local elections, but can definately only vote once in the nationals.

Be interested to see what the student vote breaks down to these days. I suspect these days it mirrors very much the national vote.

Not sure a degree in hotel management and media studies tends to radicalise you much.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Is it just coincidence or are most of them registered to vote in Brighton as they spend more time in digs in Brighton than probably in their home constituency.

What other explanantion can be given for Brighton having the only Labour MP in Sussex.

I would say it is more to do with the Tories record of voting regularly against gay rights. When I was a student, I voted via postal vote to my home constituency - as did everyne else I knew that bothered to vote. Certainly, none of my group of friends registered to vote in the Uni's constituency.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here