Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Marcus Tudgay

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
No I don't think he'll be coming back down our way. His performances in the Championship last season were excellent so he should be attractive to the likes of Sheffield United, Leicester and Leeds. Reckon you'd be looking at a six figure sum for him, maybe 250-300k?

However, this does raise the question of what is going on at Derby? Most people (myself included) were of the opinion that County are going to destroy us on Saturday but i'm not so sure anymore. Think we're basing our opinions on the Derby of last season. This seasons version appear to be in a right old mess.
Found this fans opinions of the club:

1 - No players coming in, severe lack of squad depth, quality and money.
2 - By all journalistic accounts, pathetic performances, no shape, communication, formation but most importantly no togetherness and team spirit (i.e. send half the 1st team to Belper with 3 new trialists and the other half to Notts County and PB decides to watch the Notts game. (What the hell was the point of that!)
3 - A pointless, expensive 1 match trip to Iceland after p*ssing off good relationships in Norway who are now sueing us. Way to go PB!
4 - The ongoing Assistant Manager shenanigans. Once again we look a laughing stock in the media (thanks JK!) and PB has b*llsh*tted with the type of coach he wants.
5 - Continue to be p*ssed off as what appear to be good CCC standard players choosing other clubs over us, i.e. Makin (that one really angers me!), Cooper (a Derby lad), Purse, Doherty (combative midfielder from Bristol City to QPR).
6 - Edworthy. 32yrs of age so we give him a 3 year deal. That is absolutely ridiculous!
7 - Our last game before the season starts is tomorrow at Burton. Does PB honestly know his best 11 and formation???
8 - I am genuinely bricking my pants against Brighton and the 2nd game live away at Preston. Another chance to make us look a laughing stock! Preston always thrash us at there place!

Now they appear to be getting shot of one of their best young players. Maybe we've got half a chance on Saturday. If we get a goalkeeper that is.

Icy Gull said:
1st year back at Withdean? zamora 100k, Pitcher 40k, Oatway - didn't we pay something for him....struggling now but I think we paid for a couple of other players that year.. Cullip, was that the same season?

Zamora was 2nd season at Withdean, Oatway (15k) and Cullip (£50k?) would have been the first I reckon.

Remarkably, 90/91 looks the best answer so far :ohmy: :clap2:

Does put a bit of pressure on McGhee this :lolol:

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
The interesting point about Tudgay is that he hails from Worthing, so hopefully he would be amenable to a move to the Sussex coast.

I read somewhere at the weekend that Ipswich might be interested in him.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
munster monch said:
I think we only paid for Watto and Cullip in that first season. Zamora didn't come on board until the second season and I think Pitcher was the one after that.

This has been the most money spent for a long, long time and there should be more spending to come.

Quite right.

So in the playoffs by Xmas or Magoo out then, seeing as he's had so much money to spend :ohmy: :)

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
craigo said:

get him at the albion!!

Get him out of Derby before Saturday will do me. He can take that other fella - Idiakis ? - with him as well.

Mick Beard BHA

Hirsute
Feb 23, 2004
Back in Brighton
GUNTER said:
I read somewhere at the weekend that Ipswich might be interested in him.

I think thats his most likely destination, although if we show enough interest then he'll probably end up at Reading...:rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here