Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Marcus Painter.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I think most people know that having 2 full backs that actually look like they belong in that position has gone along way to turn things around for us.
I really like Calderon but Marcos Painter really is looking a very good player now he is getting up to full fitness.I hope Gus can sort out a permanent move for him asap.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
imelda or ferdinand.

painter was excellent at oldham, completely in control of his job.

but we'll never get him i'm afraid.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
imelda or ferdinand.

painter was excellent at oldham, completely in control of his job.

but we'll never get him i'm afraid.

and why is that? Swansea obviously don't need him or they would only have sent him on loan for a month or two to get his fitness rather than the whole season

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
Even though he's really a centre back and offers nothing going forward.. but he has done well, very solid in defence.

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
Even though he's really a centre back and offers nothing going forward.. but he has done well, very solid in defence.

That's what makes our defence better. Calderon charges off and painter drops in the make it a back three and vice versa when painter goes forward.

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Think he has been superb since coming here. Looks composed with a good footballing brain. I'd even go as far as saying certainly one of the best defenders we have had in the last 5/6 years.

Class act and would love to have him here permanently.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle

This is a myth, he has played the vast majority of his career at left back. He is not good enough in the air to be a centre back. Painter as a centre back is one of many inaccurate NSC 'facts'.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
and why is that? Swansea obviously don't need him or they would only have sent him on loan for a month or two to get his fitness rather than the whole season

Sorry to piss on your bonfire Rookie - Swansea rate him very highly but he had a bad injury and when he recovered, wasn't fit enough to regain his place. They sent him to Brighton until the end of the season expressly to get fit and to get play time under his belt.

He is out of contract at the end of the season and he may be loving it here so there is a chance we could sign him. Our best chance would be if Swansea get promoted (not likely) because he may well then be seen as suprplus to requirements in the Prem. A word of caution however - he is a Championship defender as he is now showing week in week out. If he does become available because Swansea don't resign him (his preferred option) then we could have a fight to hold on to him. Don't just assume his only options are Swansea or Brighton.

For me - he's been a revelation. I really hope he will want to stay and that we can afford him...but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Makes McNulty look crap in comparison.

Didn't think he was all that the first few games, but now he is fit he looks like a quality player. Would love for him to stay, but I won't be holding my breath.

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
Didn't he come close to scoring twice against Brentford?
He did have a shot from the edge of the box that went 30 odd yards over, and had a mazey run forward where I thought he was going to shoot right footed but didn't know what to do and eventually I think his shot rolled into the keeper. So no.

and what about his dribble into the box at Oldham...

I wasn't there so I can't deny him a good dribble.

I wasn't knocking him. I said he's done well. As pointed out above a solid full back can be effective. I'd rather see someone with pace to get down the line and whip in a decent cross fairly often though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here