Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

marcos painter

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
what a shame that the usual moaners are out in force so soon - indeed before anyone has actually kicked a ball for the club. That, however, does seem to be a reflection of the intellect and football knowledge so often displayed on here. Perhaps in time to come they will be able to come on here and say they were right but I doubt that they will want to be reminded if not. Indeed they will doubtless have moved on to criticise some other (ANY other) aspect of the club.
<snip>

One more to come in over the next week or so and a few departures and we will potentially have a better balanced squad at the end of the month than we began with.

For chrissakes don't knock it 'til you've seen it at least

Word.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
I thought Frank Spencer was driving the team bus? Does he have white membership and can he get tickets for 6 people if he turns up at the shop at 09:30 this morning and talks to that nice Scottish guy who found Bin Laden while discovering the cure for AIDS and cancer simultaneously?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I thought this was a thread about painting sports cars. :dunce:

mth0908.jpg

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Well, Poyet seems to be reinforcing the problematic positions without just throwing money at them which I see as a very good sign. This guy sounds solid and I will trust his judgement on Calderon who he seems to know a lot about.

Promising.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
We can soon field an outfield 10 of full backs

Whing Calderon El Adb Cook
Hoyte Mcnulty Virgo Painter

six of which can play in other positions except Virgo who can play in them all

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Well, based on his career, this one looks a good signing... however, I didn't like Claridge's comment about his lack of heading... we need a central defender... he should NOT displace Jimmy Mac, one of our best players, IMHO...

Hoyte has defended very poorly for us to date...
Calderon has not played for a long time, which is worrying...
Carole was good first game, then awful last time he was here...
Brezovan is not as good as FDM...

We still need a left-winger...

A bit disappointed TBH...

KrustyKrab

Aug 6, 2009
Leave poyet to do what he thinks, im glad hes signed loan players coz wots the point in sigining players with [permanent contracts if there only gonna be average. If poyet is looking to send a couple of seasons with us as a manager, hell aim to get the team as high as he can this season spending as little money s possible, then spend the big bucks in the summer ready for the new season and be the leeds united of next season. Anyhoo that what i believe dunno if u guys will agree

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I have a good contact at Swansea so I asked him about Marcos. His view is that he's a good player - mainly at left back although very comfortable at CB. Solid and very dependable and unlucky not to be getting more starts for Swansea (who have third best defence in Championship). His injury last year means that he needs regular games - but when he is match fit he'll be class in League One. Also a very good bloke - great for the squad.

Swansea

Jan 13, 2010
Well, based on his career, this one looks a good signing... however, I didn't like Claridge's comment about his lack of heading... we need a central defender... he should NOT displace Jimmy Mac, one of our best players, IMHO...

Hoyte has defended very poorly for us to date...
Calderon has not played for a long time, which is worrying...
Carole was good first game, then awful last time he was here...
Brezovan is not as good as FDM...

We still need a left-winger...

A bit disappointed TBH...

I seen that written by Claridge load of c--p comfortable in the air must be around 6ft but a footballer that is very comfortable on the ball. Not normally a centre back but I think he could do a job there no problem.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I seen that written by Claridge load of c--p comfortable in the air must be around 6ft but a footballer that is very comfortable on the ball. Not normally a centre back but I think he could do a job there no problem.

Great... Claridge is an annoying tw@t anyway, IMHO...

South Wales Evening Post

MARCOS Painter is hoping Swansea City will hand him a new contract after revealing that he was told an offer was on the way in pre-season.

Painter yesterday completed a loan move to Brighton which will see him stay at the Withdean until the summer.

By then his current Swansea deal will have expired, but the popular left-back has fingers crossed that he will not be forgotten at the Liberty Stadium.

"The manager sat me down when we were on tour in Spain and told me that the club wanted to give me a new long-term contract," Painter explained.

"He wanted to get my views and I said that I would be happy to stay, but since then I haven't heard anything.

"There were no negotiations or anything like that. I didn't get my agent involved because we just left it so the club could make an offer.

Hoping

"Obviously I am hoping it is still going to happen, but we will just have to wait and see.

"Hopefully, joining Brighton will help me.

"I need some games to get myself physically fit and hopefully, if I can play well, the reports will get back to Swansea.

"When you are playing games you are back in the spotlight so, even if Swansea are not there to see it, I hope word will get back."

Painter hopes for a debut at Walsall on Saturday after agreeing to join Brighton's battle against relegation from League One.

And it has emerged that former Swansea boss Roberto Martinez has had a hand in his move to the Seagulls.

"I think the manager at Brighton, Gus Poyet, and Roberto know each from their playing days in Spain," Painter explained.

Attitude

"Gus Poyet phoned me last week and said he had spoken to Roberto and asked him what my attitude was like.

"I think Roberto was full of praise, and it's nice to have a Premier League manager saying nice things about you."

Painter was a regular at Swansea under Martinez — and predecessor Kenny Jackett — until he suffered a cruciate ligament injury in October 2008.

He returned to fitness at the start of this season but has made only six appearances to date under Paulo Sousa.

"The few games I've had have not been consecutive so it hasn't been easy," Painter said.

"I didn't kick a ball for eight months because of the knee injury, and I think when that happens you are always going to need some time to get back to your best.

"A good run of games is exactly what I need and hopefully that's what I'll get at Brighton."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here