Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Marcos Painter recalled from Bournemouth loan

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would be happy to see him on the bench as cover for Bridge who is said by the Argus to be 100% fit. To come on late in the game I think that he would be a better bet as left back than Dunk, as Calderon may be required to fill in at right back if Bruno isnt 100% or moving other players around to cover.

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
I have several friends that support AFCB and according to them Painter has been very poor when he's managed to get any game time. If we hadn't recalled him, I suspect he would have been sent back before too long!

fred

Jan 12, 2008
according to their website wes fogden had a brilliant game at stevenage at left back,painters had it now

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
To be fair to Painter, he actually did well in the couple of games he played for us this season. I was surprised he struggled at Bournemouth as he looked a very good left back at that level when we won the league.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
No chance, he just will never play for them again so why leave him there miserable. Get him in for depth and a (big) emergancy that touch wood won't happen

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Surprised by the number of people assuming he'll be starting, as others have said I expect he's going to be cover. Bruno's Achilles (believe that's his injury?) seems to have been bothering him a lot, so makes sense to have cover in situations where Calde is starting instead.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
No problem..and Foggy was that good at left back on tues night..the bloke is a bit of a legend at the mo. starting another debate on how good players can be when they come from non league..especially in terms of attitude and application.
Previously with Brighton, but you knew that.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Yeah. Wouldn't waffle on about him otherwise. I know quite a few of you look out for him. So could be Foggy, tommy, cookie...got a decent right back to complete it ??:lolol:
I'm sure Ryan Harley could do a job there....:wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here