Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

March's knee

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
No.
I said that I'd heard Stephens injury was worse than first thought (true), that he hadn't trained since the previous game (true) and that he may not play at the weekend (which he did).

Fair play to you, apologies for my somewhat rash comment. It was more in optimism than anything else.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The team really needs a winger who can set up a match winning goal, and then in the next game score a potential match winning goal.

If only someone of that ilk was available.

True. If we could find someone like that, who could then go and lash one in from 25 yards in his next game, we'd be lucky.

Back on topic, gutted for Solly and wish him all the best.

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
Really devastated for Solly. He's been a key player in the last few games and has improved so much.

I think some questions need to be asked of our medical team. He had obviously injured his knee. Why was he allowed to play on? Seems likely that an initial cruciate injury was turned into a full rupture.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Fair play to you, apologies for my somewhat rash comment. It was more in optimism than anything else.

No sweat. Wish what I'd heard had been a steaming lump and Solly was back for Saturday.
Let's hope for some better injury for the rest of 2015!

Crewton Ram

Jan 10, 2013
Sorry to hear about this lad's injury. Hopefully any of our fans who were actually booing HIM on Saturday will be feeling pretty shit about themselves, because we know what it's like to lose good players to this kind of injury. Also hopefully it's nothing like as bad as our former captain Shaun Barker had, which basically ended his career. If he gets the right treatment though, he'll be back fit and well in time for next season. George Thorne has done both knees and so far is looking like he's come through for the 2nd time and both Will Hughes and Craig Forsyth are making good progress towards recovery by all accounts.

Best of luck fella.

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
just found this on an article about the nfl and acl injuries

"ACL ruptures are usually followed by reconstruction surgery that is then followed by progressive rehabilitation that may last up to 12 months.We attempt to stress to athletes with ACL injuries that the average pro football player takes 54 weeks to return to play after an ACL injury. When a patient tries to return earlier, they often experience pain and swelling, and are at some level of increased risk of re-injury.Another thing for athletes to keep in mind is that most NFL players who sustain an injury to their ACL do typically return to play again in the NFL...."

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Sorry to hear about this lad's injury. Hopefully any of our fans who were actually booing HIM on Saturday will be feeling pretty shit about themselves, because we know what it's like to lose good players to this kind of injury. Also hopefully it's nothing like as bad as our former captain Shaun Barker had, which basically ended his career. If he gets the right treatment though, he'll be back fit and well in time for next season. George Thorne has done both knees and so far is looking like he's come through for the 2nd time and both Will Hughes and Craig Forsyth are making good progress towards recovery by all accounts.

Best of luck fella.

Cheers for posting that .

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
just found this on an article about the nfl and acl injuries

"ACL ruptures are usually followed by reconstruction surgery that is then followed by progressive rehabilitation that may last up to 12 months.We attempt to stress to athletes with ACL injuries that the average pro football player takes 54 weeks to return to play after an ACL injury. When a patient tries to return earlier, they often experience pain and swelling, and are at some level of increased risk of re-injury.Another thing for athletes to keep in mind is that most NFL players who sustain an injury to their ACL do typically return to play again in the NFL...."

Good to hear Solly may be able to play NFL in the future

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
What a shame-just starting to become a VERY good player for BHA.
I really hope he can come back after this terrible injury.
FINGERS CROSSED:down:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
We won't miss him too much. I'd much prefer Bong Rosenior and KLL back.

Seeing him play since Cardiff, I think I might just disagree with you on all three fronts. And that's not doubting the importance of those three players. March will be out for the season, and I'll be delighted if he's back for the start of the next one. Rosenoir will be out until Feb, maybe March. Here's hoping that KLL and Bong are back by the first week or two in Jan.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
So sad for Solly. A horrible thing to happen to any professional sportsman.
Is it me, or do there appear to be an ever increasing number of ACL injuries throughout football, these days?
Bournemouth seem to have a plague of this kind of thing. I wonder if there are any stats on this injury.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Did Andrew Crofts have exactly the same injury ACL? He was out for 9 months the first time and 12 months the second I believe.

That US article suggests we will be extremely fortunate to see him again before this time next year. Poor fella. In the last few weeks, Solly has provided the X factor we were lacking after Kaz's explosive start and subsequent injury. He is a big, big loss: in my view the most significant of our injuries this season.

PG

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
It's so disappointing for Solly after he'd properly established himself in the team. Really hope he comes back from this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here