Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] March

Eric Youngs Contact Lens

Dec 9, 2020
East Sussex
The corners were awful.. but as plenty have said, far more positives than negatives this season. I don't agree with people about the throw-in.. it obviously ended in a mess, but to be honest, it was a gamble at 0-1 to try and guarantee possession in the 92nd minute to make sure we didn't simply toss it up the line and gamble possession. It didn't happen, but lets not pretend that throw-in is taken like that in any other scenario.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
The corners were awful.. but as plenty have said, far more positives than negatives this season. I don't agree with people about the throw-in.. it obviously ended in a mess, but to be honest, it was a gamble at 0-1 to try and guarantee possession in the 92nd minute to make sure we didn't simply toss it up the line and gamble possession. It didn't happen, but lets not pretend that throw-in is taken like that in any other scenario.
Watch his throw in's, every single one goes back, no matter where it is along the line. It is the first thing he likes for. He's out Fake Stephens of the throw in's.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I just raise an eyebrow at how much latitude he gets from some folk, probably because he is a local lad.... he has been playing in the 1st team for close on 7 years on and off, he is 27 in the summer, he has played 199 games, the vast majority of those in an attacking role..... yet.... he has scored only 14 goals.... that's one goal every 14 games in all comps..... for context, Shane Duffy, a defender, only 2 years older, has scored 21 goals in his career so far, a goal every 14 games......

I genuinely feel we need to move him on, we need more dynamism and quality end product... not back passes simply to maintain possession... and crosses or corners that barely make it over the first defender.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Eric Youngs Contact Lens

Dec 9, 2020
East Sussex
Watch his throw in's, every single one goes back, no matter where it is along the line. It is the first thing he likes for. He's out Fake Stephens of the throw in's.

Isn't that true of most throw-ins? That's where the free man tends to be isn't it? Not sure I've noticed his are any more backwards than anyone else's, but to be honest haven't been looking that closely? If they are, that one last night was a development for you!! It was sideways...:)

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I didn't say he was shite. He's good. But he is so one footed and lacks top quality. Therefore, he's limited at this level.

Did you see the winning goal he scored at Villa?

It was both right foot and top quality.

When he's good he's excellent, the only thing that limits him is consistency.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Why is everyone pretending he's a good corner taker? He's not. Look at the corners he's taken over the last couple of seasons, they aren't good. When you consider the players we've got in the box, we aren't enough of a threat from corners and that's down to the takers.

We've scored from a couple of corners recently and hallelujah, but let's not pretend that he's a good corner taker - he isn't.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Why is everyone pretending he's a good corner taker? He's not. Look at the corners he's taken over the last couple of seasons, they aren't good. When you consider the players we've got in the box, we aren't enough of a threat from corners and that's down to the takers.

We've scored from a couple of corners recently and hallelujah, but let's not pretend that he's a good corner taker - he isn't.

Why is everyone pretending he’s a good player? He’s a good ball carrier granted but not a good player. Can’t defend can’t cross but he’s from Sussex so hey let’s make him player of the season :facepalm:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Thanks goodness all of our set pieces not taken by March this season have been of the absolute highest quality.

Oh, wait...

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Why is everyone pretending he’s a good player? He’s a good ball carrier granted but not a good player. Can’t defend can’t cross but he’s from Sussex so hey let’s make him player of the season :facepalm:

To be fair, season to date he is our best player. Which is why we've got 2 wins in 18 games, just 14 points from an available 54. We need better performances across the board where it actually matters and if he's going to carry on taking every set piece, he needs to be doing far better with them. I don't see an argument that he hasn't been our best player though.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
To be fair, season to date he is our best player. Which is why we've got 2 wins in 18 games, just 14 points from an available 54. We need better performances across the board where it actually matters and if he's going to carry on taking every set piece, he needs to be doing far better with them. I don't see an argument that he hasn't been our best player though.

Biss has been our best player this season by miles. I’m not digging out March I just don’t think he’s good enough for the PL.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Isn't that true of most throw-ins? That's where the free man tends to be isn't it? Not sure I've noticed his are any more backwards than anyone else's, but to be honest haven't been looking that closely? If they are, that one last night was a development for you!! It was sideways...:)
Hence the Dale Stephens quote [emoji3]

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Pathetic

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Biss has been our best player this season by miles. I’m not digging out March I just don’t think he’s good enough for the PL.

March is not good enough for the PL?!! Is that a ****ing piss take?! One of the most ridiculous comments I've ever seen on here.

He and Biss are comfortably our players of the season but I would put March slightly ahead.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Very few of them are.
If we go down, who will we get decent bids for?
Lamptey, Bissouma, and...
I don't think Dunk will go anywhere now, partly due to his age.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Sorry but no b....y excuse. Professional footballer. 2 corners in last five minutes One not past first defender and next one out of play.

If thats all you have to stress about these days, your a very lucky person.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
In the running for player of season.

Says it all

Sussex lad , we should be proud of him

If we went down , reckon would be plenty of takers in the prem for him

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
March is not good enough for the PL?!! Is that a ****ing piss take?! One of the most ridiculous comments I've ever seen on here.

He and Biss are comfortably our players of the season but I would put March slightly ahead.
That is an opinion.... maybe one formed whilst smoking methamphetamine.... but an opinion nonetheless.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here