Marcelo Gallardo,
Give him to me,
And we'll forget
The guy from Italy

Ok. Needs work.
Who's that man form Argentina
Who's that man we all adore
Marcelo Gallardo is his name
to teach Brighton to win a a game (needs work)
and we don't miss De-Zerbi anymore

Apart from me

Sad Cat GIF by ZIP ZIP

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Not saying it will happen but why are some saying he would be out of our reach? We snap up players from Boca, been in Europe and play in the best league in the world (well that’s what they say). Throw in that he is out of work and I don’t get the it would never happen stance
1) A big team will come calling eventually. A Spanish speaking one I suspect
2) as much as we want him to he won't take a massive pay cut from last role.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
1) A big team will come calling eventually. A Spanish speaking one I suspect
2) as much as we want him to he won't take a massive pay cut from last role.
he earnt $20m from his time in KSA. nobody outside of the Kingdom will pay that now.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
he won't take a massive pay cut from last role.
He's gone back to Argentina to his friend and agent's funeral: https://www.ole.com.ar/informacion-general/video-marcelo-gallardo-llego-argentina_0_KeIA8rCSey.html

With no representation to agree the deal to end his time at Al-Ittiihad, nor to negotiate any potential new deal and with him having more pressing personal matters on his mind, I'd guess he won't be going anywhere very quickly regardless of the salary offered.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Precisely this! Since he was on our previous list we have progressed as a club, been in Europe and built up a large fund. He has been to Saudi and been paid a fortune and now wants proper football.

We are a much better fit for him now then we were then.

Caveat all of this with us guessing that he was on the list then and is on the list now.

End of the day we haven't a bloody clue if he's on the list, not on the list, or who is actually on the list.

At least it is an alternative to the 1,427 Potter threads and shows there are far more exciting prospects than the Grey Brummie (even though technically they might not be prospects).

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I think he's too big for us and even if maybe we could have talked him into taking the job, I'm not sure we'd go for him. Doesn't speak any English at all which just makes it a big project.
Our Roberto spoke next to no English when he arrived.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
I think he's too big for us and even if maybe we could have talked him into taking the job, I'm not sure we'd go for him. Doesn't speak any English at all which just makes it a big project.
Isn’t it similar to Bielsa? Yet he went to Leeds and they were in the Championship
Oh hang on, I forgot - they are the greatest team in the world so no comparison 🤔

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Our Roberto spoke next to no English when he arrived.
Nah, but most of our players spoke English at the time. If we do a lot of business and sign four or five Spanish-speaking players (along with those we have and who may have reached different levels of "bilingualness") while also signing a Spanish-speaking manager, you'll struggle to avoid a strange dressing room situation.

Either which way, Gallardo seems very far-fetched to me. Just too big.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
We need to make this a really strong rumour, so that whoever gets the job, gets announced as having beaten Gallardo in the race to become Brightons next coach.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Moving back to River Plate.

Nice one year break for him, earning £30m in Saudi Arabia.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here