[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
My favourite AN tweet ever most likely

Big club wants smaller club's player.
Big club puts in low offer.
Player gets unsettled.
Smaller club rolls over.
Edit, smaller club stays strong on player's value.
Smaller club is run by Tony Bloom (and Paul Barber). #BHAFC #MCFC

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
View attachment 150429

They really do miss the point. It's precisely because we have ambition that we want to keep our best players and build on what we have.

Such a shame his path to the World Cup is blocked though as we've never had anyone make the Spanish Squad ever. Oh wait apart from that goalkeeper who forced his way into the Spain Euro squad in his first season of playing PL football. They really do live in a top 6 bubble.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
He has called it exactly right. Terms agreed, player wants to go, city not bidding enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terms can’t be agreed until a fee has been. City are tapping up and their Italian shill has admitted it.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Terms can’t be agreed until a fee has been. City are tapping up and their Italian shill has admitted it.

Terms can be agreed if the potential selling club allow the player to talk to the other team. I've mentioned before on this thread that Jadon Sancho first agreed terms with Man Utd a year before the transfer finally went through. That isn't to say we've given City permission to talk to Cucurella though, it just can and does happen.

Affy

Silent Assassin
Aug 16, 2019
Sussex by the Sea
View attachment 150429

They really do miss the point. It's precisely because we have ambition that we want to keep our best players and build on what we have.

This just makes me shake my head in disbelief. If he stays and has an excellent season then he’s still on display in the premier league and has as good a chance of getting into the Spanish team as he did at city. If anything, I’d say he has a better chance if he can help a “small” team like Brighton get results. More guarantee of playing every minute than at City. I truly hope he stays and we can put this behind us and get on with the season. If he is going to go, make the offer and get it done. I suspect the indications will be there if he is in the XI today (and how he plays if he is).

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Terms can be agreed if the potential selling club allow the player to talk to the other team. I've mentioned before on this thread that Jadon Sancho first agreed terms with Man Utd a year before the transfer finally went through. That isn't to say we've given City permission to talk to Cucurella though, it just can and does happen.

But that’s simply a technicality. 99% of clubs aren’t going to give a player permission to talk unless they’re sure their valuation will be met. Here we’re very much saying that they are miles off so Cucerella won’t have been able to agree personal terms.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
But that’s simply a technicality. 99% of clubs aren’t going to give a player permission to talk unless they’re sure their valuation will be met. Here we’re very much saying that they are miles off so Cucerella won’t have been able to agree personal terms.

Probably there's ways to circumvent the FIFA rules around tapping up... pretty sure City are experts in that area, just waltzing on the line of what is allowed.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
It certainly should prompt somebody to think they can come in with a better offer. Trouble is, when did somebody last do that for a Brighton player (and I'm not counting our lads out for the season to League 1 or 2)?

I think one of the Fabrizio tweets said something like "Cucurella only wants the City move" which suggests there could be other interested parties.

Javeaseagull

NSC Patron
Feb 22, 2014
Trying to see it from both sides, I suppose offering us twice as much as we paid last year would seem like a reasonable offer to them.
I saw Pep asked about MC and must say he couldn’t look less interested. He seem to take great care to avoid any traps set by the journo such as are you interested in his type. He swerved it quite neatly I thought.
Anyway it’s sorted now. Pay up or bugger off, preferably bugger off.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Marc Cucurella *SINGS on a five-year contract*

Would be nice to have a summer thread about an exciting incoming player rather than outgoing ones for a change.

Your memory is going ha ha. Summer NSC past is stuffed full of exciting incoming players threads - strikers, forwards, teen wonders - as I’m sure you remember ! You know them all - so won’t bother listing em. I expect you posted on all of em.
The outgoing white, Biss, Cucu sagas are a more recent phenomenon.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Have city threatened to walk away again yet?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Your memory is going ha ha. Summer NSC past is stuffed full of exciting incoming players threads - strikers, forwards, teen wonders - as I’m sure you remember ! You know them all - so won’t bother listing em.
The outgoing white, Biss, Cucu sagas are a more recent phenomenon.
Wasn't the last one Ali J flight tracking etc, shame he was pants. Vicente was also a classic some years ago now though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here