Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
We're probably the type of club foreign players wait and see if something bigger comes along on which is a real shame. Am sure we'd hit the release clause on this guy if could get him to sign quicker and might just be agreeing to his demands to wait. You have to think it would be worth throwing an extra few k a week at a player to hurry up and sign though (within reason). Maybe they wouldn't say yes to that.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
which is when it all happens, and always has

Simply not true.

Summer signing date for current players purchased for the first team, I haven’t included players that were immediately sent on loan or the u23s as that’s not what we need right now.

Adam Webster - August 3rd
Pascal Groß - May
Neal Maupay - August 5th
Leandro Trossard - 26th June
Yves Bissouma - July 17th
Joel Veltman - July 29th
Adam Lallana - July 27th
Florin Andone - May 25th
Enock Mwepu - July 6th
Shane Duffy - August 26th
Danny Welbeck - October 18th

Notable recent departures:
Davy Pröpper - August 7th
Alireza Jahanbakhsh - July 25th
Bernardo - July 5th
Jose Izquierdo - August 10th

As you can see, other than Shane Duffy and Danny Welbeck every other player was purchased well in advance of the season starting.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
The problem is that if you dont sign players in time for the start of the season then you could drop points in the first few games. As we know relegation often hinges on a point or 2 or even goal difference. Other clubs seem to have made signings well in advance of the season so those players will be bedded in and ready from day one

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The problem is that if you dont sign players in time for the start of the season then you could drop points in the first few games. As we know relegation often hinges on a point or 2 or even goal difference. Other clubs seem to have made signings well in advance of the season so those players will be bedded in and ready from day one

Exactly - and we do have a favourable first 4 games.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Simply not true.

Summer signing date for current players purchased for the first team, I haven’t included players that were immediately sent on loan or the u23s as that’s not what we need right now.

Pascal Groß - May
Neal Maupay - August 5th
Joel Veltman - July 29th
Adam Lallana - July 27th
Florin Andone - May 25th
Enock Mwepu - July 6th

Bernardo - July 5th

As you can see, other than Shane Duffy and Danny Welbeck every other player was purchased well in advance of the season starting.

thanks for that, good stats! happy to be corrected. must be the nerves making me feeeel like it's always last minute

you're making me panicky now, maybe bw2 is right!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Exactly - and we do have a favourable first 4 games.

Oh I thought we were mainly playing sides who'd expect to turn us over.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Simply not true.

Pascal Groß - May
Neal Maupay - August 5th
Joel Veltman - July 29th
Adam Lallana - July 27th
Florin Andone - May 25th
Enock Mwepu - July 6th

Bernardo - July 5th

Some of those dates will be because for 1 year ( 2 years ? ) the transfer window shut the day before the season started - so a comparison isn't like for like.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014

I agree that all points are valuable in the Premier League, but I don't think the club is dragging it's heels. I think they're exploring options and trying to make signings, but transfers in general are becoming a much harder process to navigate. Increasingly in the last few years, with lots of clubs having money so we all end up scrapping over the same players. Agents also have so much power now, that things often get done on their terms at their pace, which can lead to them trying to ochestrate bidding wars for their clients. I think we can only really judge the success of a transfer window once its closed.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Who have Burnley signed for the 1st game ? I can't think of anyone but may be wrong.

Let's hope it causes them to drop points.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Who have Burnley signed for the 1st game ? I can't think of anyone but may be wrong.

Some defender I cant remember the name of.

Bit funny actually, they were waiting for years for some owner to come and invest in their squad and once the new yank came along all they got was a heap of debts.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Marc Cucurella

They very rarely spend big. Keeping hold of the likes of Pope, Mee, Tarkowski, McNeil, Barnes & Wood means that they’ll keep their EPL status which is the target. A very profitable business for the owners.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Its worse then that. This has been an absolute disaster of a transfer window, a real calamity. We are weaker going into this season then what we finished last season and the season starts Saturday.

A real shame, all that pre season enthusiasm has just evaporated.

The day you say anything POSITIVE is when I will really worry :moo:

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Some defender I cant remember the name of.

Bit funny actually, they were waiting for years for some owner to come and invest in their squad and once the new yank came along all they got was a heap of debts.

hmmm........ life's shit sometimes, innit..

:)

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Some of those dates will be because for 1 year ( 2 years ? ) the transfer window shut the day before the season started - so a comparison isn't like for like.

In 2019 the window closed on August 8th. We signed Maupay, Webster and Trossard in that window. Trossard was wrapped up nice and early, Maupay and Webster were indeed at the end of the window.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
which is when it all happens, and always has

In the premier league we've signed Moder, Karbownik, Burn, Montoya, Webster, Maupay, Ali J, Izquierdo, Schelotto, Tau, Mooy (on loan), Welbeck (outside window) , Zeqiri in the last 3 weeks or so of the window. (there's 19 days left).

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
In the premier league we've signed Moder, Karbownik, Burn, Montoya, Webster, Maupay, Ali J, Izquierdo, Schelotto, Tau, Mooy (on loan), Welbeck (outside window) , Zeqiri in the last 3 weeks or so of the window. (there's 19 days left).

Of those players signed 8 were for the immediate first team squad, 4 went straight on loan and Zeqiri I don’t really know where to put. We have done business late in the window, but I wouldn’t say we particularly make a habit of it. This time we’re either bucking the trend or we’ve dropped a fairly mighty clanger. I’m encouraged by the relative lack of business elsewhere though Villa and Palace have certainly been busy as have the promoted trio.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here