Sep 10, 2010
London

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
I’m not surprised that this has happened now.
City stating that they are going to walk away from the deal. Cucu’s agents pressing the ‘transfer request’ button. Makes things more difficult but did we honestly think that Cucu or his agents wouldn’t want the move.
Will this change our approach? It didn’t with Dale Stephens and my guess is that it will make no difference to our approach here.
Yes, if the deal doesn’t happen then we’ll have an initially unhappy player but he signed a five year contract. What will he do? Refuse to play. Doubt it.
If anything I think this will harden our resolve as we won’t be seen to fold with the tactics now being employed by City. In fairness to City, we’d do exactly the same thing I’m sure to get the best deal for our club.
Whatever the situation, it’s now coming to an head and the outcome will be here in the next week, whatever that may be.

Was just about to write this post having delved through 23 pages to see if anyone else has.

This is all about agent greed; I just don't see Cucu doing this off his own bat. Unfortunately for agent he has a world class poker player on the other side of the table. I would not be surprised if City are mad at the tactics. It's £50+m or staying. End of.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Was just about to write this post having delved through 23 pages to see if anyone else has.

This is all about agent greed; I just don't see Cucu doing this off his own bat. Unfortunately for agent he has a world class poker player on the other side of the table. I would not be surprised if City are mad at the tactics. It's £50+m or staying. End of.
what are you saying Cucurella’s agent has gone rogue ? Of course Cucurella wants the move it’s obvious from that interview a month or so ago he knew about the interest Some clubs you just can’t turn down I believe his words were.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
If Pep is saying they’re ok without Cucurella as they’ve got Nathan Ake ........ that’s hilarious. You want the player. Pay the money. You need the player .... let’s face it. Pay the effin money. Let’s all move on.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
what are you saying Cucurella’s agent has gone rogue ? Of course Cucurella wants the move it’s obvious from that interview a month or so ago he knew about the interest Some clubs you just can’t turn down I believe his words were.

There's wanting the move, and there's not wanting to piss off everyone around you in case it doesn't happen. I don't know the guy any more than you do. It is unusual these days for players to go public with transfer requests, albeit I am sure many do so behind close doors. It went badly for Dale Stephens with what looked very like a club written grovelling apology at the end.

I recall Barber saying recently that the club are mindful of what players want (think Mooy and Burn, for example). Sure, Cucu wants the move, I am not arguing that. What I am suggesting is that the tactic of publicly asking for a transfer looks risky and at the very least made with agent's approval.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Didn’t we low ball Almeria for Nunez? Didn’t Cucurella do exactly the same before he joined us? Didn’t go to training etc.

We got Nunez? Didn't think we had, somehow ................................

lso, we offered the same as Benfica; the player then made his choice. No, I don't think we employed FB wannabee hacks to unsettle the player. Next question.......................

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here