Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Exactly, I cannot see any appeal in looking at another club’s message board for stuff like that, it’s masochism pure and simple. Why do it?

I enjoy it…I don’t let it wind me up though.

Re Blue Moon, they have pretty much the same mix of posters as we do TBH if the Cucu thread is representative

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I enjoy it…I don’t let it wind me up though.

Re Blue Moon, they have pretty much the same mix of posters as we do TBH if the Cucu thread is representative
Greatest fun in the world has been looking at Red Cafe ( manure) last season, the meltdowns and dummy spitting were Olympic standard ..

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
More to the point how much could we have spent on players if TB hadn’t had to fund the stadium and been given it. Not sure what point you are trying to make.

Tony Bloom is a smart chap. I don’t think he’d have spunked another £120M up the wall on greedy players and agents if we didn’t need a stadium. He was it as a needed investment in physical infrastructure.

My point is we are very fortunate that the stadium has never been a burden to the club financially and to date the club haven’t paid Tony Bloom a penny for it (unless I’m mistaken) - so similar position to Man City & West Ham in that regard

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I see that it is reported that Chelsea have refused to meet the £50M valuation City have placed on Nathan Ake, a player that City have not used much and can play at LB.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Man City can do this the easy way - pay the price now.

Or the hard way - pay that same price after weeks of angst.

Or not at all.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
City sell Zinchencko for £30m
City (I assume) think Cucu is a better player.
So why did they THEN offer the same amount as the fella they just got shot of?

Did they REALLY think BHA would say, "Yeah, go on then. Off you go, Marc and thanks for everything."?

Twats.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
City sell Zinchencko for £30m
City (I assume) think Cucu is a better player.
So why did they THEN offer the same amount as the fella they just got shot of?

Did they REALLY think BHA would say, "Yeah, go on then. Off you go, Marc and thanks for everything."?

Twats.
TBF, quite a few on Blue moon do recognise this, also the fact that they'd rather not have to play Ake at LB either, and are trying to get £45M for him - plus the fact that £50M is about the going rate for what they've paid for their defenders - but of course there are plonkers too.....

.....but if you really want to pi$$ yourself at the level of plonkerism, you need to look at Citeh supporters responses on Tw@tter. Most of Tw@tter is, of course, for tw@ts anyway, but to come across so many in one place who do not even measure up to that standard ................ priceless!

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

Last edited:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
TBF, quite a few on Blue moon do recognise this, also the fact that they'd rather not have to play Ake at LB either, and are trying to get £45\M for him - plus the fact that £50M is about the going rate for what they've paid for their defenders - but of course tere are plonkers too.....

.....but if you really want to pi$$ yourself at the level of plonkerism, you need to look at Citeh supporters responses on Tw@tter. Most of Tw@tter is, of course, for tw@ts anyway, but to come across so many in one place who do not even measure up to that standard ................ priceless!

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

Yeah, I get it's not the fans – every club has its cross section of good and bad ones – it the hierarchy who seem to think that they can take the piss from the outset. If Cucu is their 'number one target', as has been claimed, how many other players given that tag in previous seasons had been signed for £30m? I'm guessing zero in recent history... Certainly not last season when Grealish went for £100m and Kane was almost going there for (apparently) a similar amount.

As for Twitter, I've lost too many hours of my life on there and actually tried to really kerb the time I spent on there this week. I'm waiting for my phone to tell me the scores on the doors but yes, it's a proper cesspit in places!

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Have things changed since TB said that Albion have not received a bid?

There is a fair bit of entitled shit stirring going on in this article. Romano’s big mouth is pissing me off now

https://www.si.com/soccer/mancheste...ays-marc-cucurella-only-wants-manchester-city

Yes things have changed since then, City have made a laughable bid.
The rest of that article is just rehashed bollocks from various unvalidated sources.

If Cucurella was genuinely unhappy, he wouldn't have played on Saturday.
What his agent may be saying to get some more dough is another matter.

Just an agent doing his job, I reckon.
Talking to Romano and feeding him a line, to provoke some responses.

Cucu is a sensible chap. He knows how good he is.
He isn't in any rush to make a move, if it happens great. If not, he will get on with improving in the Premier League and increasing his value.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Tony Bloom is a smart chap. I don’t think he’d have spunked another £120M up the wall on greedy players and agents if we didn’t need a stadium. He was it as a needed investment in physical infrastructure.

My point is we are very fortunate that the stadium has never been a burden to the club financially and to date the club haven’t paid Tony Bloom a penny for it (unless I’m mistaken) - so similar position to Man City & West Ham in that regard

I may be mistaken but I thought the stadium was owned by a holding company and that Brighton and Hove Albion Ltd paid to rent it ? Thus if BHA Ltd ever went bust the stadium wouldn't be lost.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I expect he’s right, Cucu probably does only want to join Man City, why wouldn’t he? That doesn’t mean to say he’s unhappy staying at the Albion though.

Fairly sure it will get done at some point though.

Maybe not.

Kane was desperate to join City. They wanted him too. Now they have Haaland, Harry will probably never get they move (or any silverware in this Country).

If Cucu doesn’t sign for them this window, they’ll just sign someone else. That will probably be his chance gone for the next 4 or 5 years. They might find a better left back?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I expect he’s right, Cucu probably does only want to join Man City, why wouldn’t he? That doesn’t mean to say he’s unhappy staying at the Albion though.

Fairly sure it will get done at some point though.

Wouldn’t be so sure about that. As soon as Barca find a bit more cash down the back of the sofa he’d be off like a shot. He’s got a point to prove there.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Maybe not.

Kane was desperate to join City. They wanted him too. Now they have Haaland, Harry will probably never get they move (or any silverware in this Country).

If Cucu doesn’t sign for them this window, they’ll just sign someone else. That will probably be his chance gone for the next 4 or 5 years. They might find a better left back?

I just don’t think Kane is comparable. It’s a transfer on a totally different level to Cucurella.

City would have needed to pay 3 times as much for 28 year old Kane as they will need to for Cucurella and probably 4 times as much in salary. England captain, they were trying to sign him from another top 6 club and he is more than just a good player for Spurs. He is absolutely their Talisman and the main man at the club, totally irreplaceable. Levy would have had an incredibly tough job selling it to the fans however much they sold him for.

Cucu is a much, much easisr transfer than Kane.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
IF City do pay up and IF Cucurella leaves the sunny South coast for wet Manchester, it’ll be interesting to see how we react in terms of signing a player.

Solly had an exceptional season as a wing-back, and although not at the same level as Cucurella, is adequate IMO, potentially with Mitoma in front of him, we have two more than reasonable left sided players. Potentially, GP could work some clever rotational options which would be very dangerous to the opposition.
Just no, If GP thought March was exceptional at LWB why did they spend £15m on a replacement? GP immediately played his new signing.

If Cucurella is sold and March starts against Manure at LWB you would seriously have to question the ambition and I think GP would to. With no Bissouma replacement coming in the door he would be back to square one.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here