Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
I think your find that he only tweets the most obviouse deals like city needing a lb, and put 2+2= 5.
He has only repeated what he tweeted 4 weeks ago, another chancer tweets bollox most of the time, gets 1 or 2 correct and everyone thinks he is ITK.

Embarrassing post.

Fabrizio Romano is one of the very best in the business.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Another chancer tweets bollox most of the time, gets 1 or 2 correct and everyone thinks he is ITK.

I've just had a little look back over tweets.

Was right about Raphinha going to Barca even when Chelsea had offer accepted.
Was right about Sterling to Chelsea
Was right early on about De Ligt to Bayern

He's certainly not a 'chancer'

Last edited:

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021

Was right about Raphinha going to Leeds even when Chelsea had offer accepted.

Is there a list there of all the pronouncements which turned out to be bullshit?

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London

Was right about Raphinha going to Leeds even when Chelsea had offer accepted.

It's basically him and Ornstein who are the two most reputable and connected transfer reporters. Anything to the contrary is silly.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Sorry. This website is clickbait bollox. They have not used a person familiar with very basic maths to get their average because they want people from Sussex to click on the website. However, it’s understandable how a Leeds fan could fall for this nonsense so please to beat yourself up.

It states that our average season ticket price is £702.50. Rubbish!

In reality, out of the 17 season ticket price categories, only 2 (two) are above £702. It’s impossible that the average could be that high. But don’t take my word for it, see below and do the math yourself.

0b714f21180b44287d7515d603c1af9c.jpg

Doesn't look that far out to me - if you look at the relative numbers available, using the £860 seats as 'one unit', its' very roughly 4 x @ 545, 4 @ 650, 4 @770 and 1 @ 570 which would make the average £663 (assuming they are all full price of course). It's not impossible for the average to be that high - depends on how many are priced above and below that - any person familiar with very basic maths should be able to work that out :thumbsup:

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
It's basically him and Ornstein who are the two most reputable and connected transfer reporters. Anything to the contrary is silly.

Not sure about Romano, but Ornstein seems to know a lot of people inside clubs, and seems to be generally "ITK". He mentioned City's interest in Cucurella recently on the Athletic podcast, and I assume he's spoken to someone at City. However, being interested in Cucurella doesn't necessarily mean they'll make a bid.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Unfortunately his 10m followers is a result of being right most of the time and having a fair bit of inside knowledge (aka knowing a ton of agents).

I’m not convinced the bloke is the transfer oracle. 10m follow him, because he is a name and because they are desperate.

Details of a proposed transfer for a player are hugely commercially sensitive. Only a very small number of people at the club and the player and his representing agent will know, so any leaks will be traceable. The player or representing agent, normally don’t care whether it’s traceable so that’s where 99% of the leaks which lead to the transfer rumours come from. But they will be leaking, not to be mischievous, but for their own financial reasons. Whether this is to the Daily Mirror or to Romano, the effect is the same. The point being that the story is coming out, because it’s in the agents interest for it to come out, not because it’s necessarily true.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Agreed personal terms while he is away with BHA in Portugal ??

Unless it’s Man City …. We can offer you

Cuc ……OK

Think his agent might be doing the verbal agreements...

It obviously doesn't mean that everything has been agreed, but Marc Cucurella (or any international player for that matter) is not worrying about personal contract details themselves.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Doesn't look that far out to me - if you look at the relative numbers available, using the £860 seats as 'one unit', its' very roughly 4 x @ 545, 4 @ 650, 4 @770 and 1 @ 570 which would make the average £663 (assuming they are all full price of course). It's not impossible for the average to be that high - depends on how many are priced above and below that - any person familiar with very basic maths should be able to work that out :thumbsup:

There seem to be about a dozen blocks in Zone A - seems to be the most common price....?

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Not sure about Romano, but Ornstein seems to know a lot of people inside clubs, and seems to be generally "ITK". He mentioned City's interest in Cucurella recently on the Athletic podcast, and I assume he's spoken to someone at City. However, being interested in Cucurella doesn't necessarily mean they'll make a bid.

I guess a lot of any journalism is reporting what you know, when you know it. If he has had the information from his sources and that then doesn't come true because circumstances change, then that's just part of the transfer window.

What I would say is that Romano often gets there before others, and his information is normally pretty good. It's all a bit gross and flashy for me, but he is undoubtedly more ITK than most.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Is there a list there of all the pronouncements which turned out to be bullshit?

'Journalist sometimes gets things wrong' isn't the hottest take.

I didn't say he gets everything right.

I said he isn't another chancer. He at least waits for a club/agent source before publishing what he's heard, unlike many others.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Not a list but this was quite the high profile blooper.

[tweet]1415314735940177920[/tweet]

Rigggghhht.

So yeh, I’m standing by that then. What he says might be true, but no more than the BBC rumours page might be.

Why I think he’s so popular is that he couches things in such definite terms, and like I say, people have heard the name, so I reckon people are imputing this god like foresight on him. It just serves to make him look a prat when the agent who dropped him the line was only doing it to smoke out interest.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
'Journalist sometimes gets things wrong' isn't the hottest take.

I didn't say he gets everything right.

I said he isn't another chancer. He at least waits for a club/agent source before publishing what he's heard, unlike many others.

These rules don’t really apply to Brighton though. Incredibly tight in ensuring any information is leaked. Brighton don’t have control form leaks regarding the other parties, but they won’t be impressed if any information is leaked at all.

For the Cucurella case specifically, I was very surprised with Bloom and Potter going on record to transparently state where the current internet from other parties is at. That also disproved the ‘ITK’ posts (including Romano) from a month ago.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Not a list but this was quite the high profile blooper.

[tweet]1415314735940177920[/tweet]

"Despite FC Barcelona and Lionel Messi having reached an agreement and the clear intention of both parties to sign a new contract today, this cannot happen because of Spanish LaLiga regulations on player registration," Barcelona's statement read."

Barca agreed the contract with Messi.

La Liga then blocked it due to Barca's financial issues.

So the tweet saying that Messi only wanted to stay at Barca was accurate and he was only talking to Barca at the time.

He only joined PSG when staying at Barca was not possible and he was free.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
These rules don’t really apply to Brighton though. Incredibly tight in ensuring any information is leaked. Brighton don’t have control form leaks regarding the other parties, but they won’t be impressed if any information is leaked at all.

For the Cucurella case specifically, I was very surprised with Bloom and Potter going on record to transparently state where the current internet from other parties is at. That also disproved the ‘ITK’ posts (including Romano) from a month ago.
Brighton do not control the player's agents or intermediators agents. Anything coming out will be from the other side so it doesn't really matter how tight we are at keeping in info.

Also I'm not sure how it disproves his posts from a month ago if Man City are now looking like they are bidding for him....

Doesn't it mean he was ITK a month ago.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Rigggghhht.

So yeh, I’m standing by that then. What he says might be true, but no more than the BBC rumours page might be.

Why I think he’s so popular is that he couches things in such definite terms, and like I say, people have heard the name, so I reckon people are imputing this god like foresight on him. It just serves to make him look a prat when the agent who dropped him the line was only doing it to smoke out interest.

The BBC webpage is specifically titled “Gossip”, with links to articles that are just a football gossip’s thoughts/alleged inside information.

Romana writes everything as if it’s a fact. He is the glorified gossip.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Unfortunately his 10m followers is a result of being right most of the time and having a fair bit of inside knowledge (aka knowing a ton of agents).

He is usually very reliable but on this one he has been parroting the same ‘any day now’ for over a month. My guess here is he is only hearing what he is getting from the City and Cucurella agent side in that they are interested and the player would want the move if agreed.

The rest is just bollocks and guesswork which is not surprising as Brighton are notoriously secretive around this stuff

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here