Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The inescapable and profoundly distributing fact is that if Pep has told the Citeh owners he wants Cucu, at some point soon, they’ll just pay the absurd fee TB is asking for. Hopefully sooner rather than later if he has to go.

Yep.

The Albion definitely won't do a Spurs (some melt will be along soon enough to dribble 'tell that to Harry Kane' at you) if for no other reason than we arent a one man team, and the whole clubs financial future isn't solely based on Kane's goals.
One that, in fairness, was justified with them making the Champions League place.

There's a price.
They will match it.
Neither party wants this to drag through preseason.

I'm sure Pep has to do some trading, esp after getting Haaland (sp) and already having a few expensive left backs.
If we (stupidly) took the amounts at face value, the owners might be saying 'yes you can have another left back, but you can only spend £30m'.

Which is all fine and dandy but as it doesn't chime with how every team deals with City, that's just not going to work.

The only way City would be able to buy a left back for £30m, is to get one who's value is £20m.

Their game - their rules.

Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I see Bluemoon are excelling themselves regarding our Tony.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I see Bluemoon are excelling themselves regarding our Tony.
I’ve not read it but can imagine.

It’s pretty simple though, we don’t want to sell him, we don’t need to sell him, the only way we will sell him is if they offer us something we can’t turn down. If that’s too much for them then no worries we keep the player they keep the cash.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I hope whoever posted this has a shit hot legal team

Football is Fixed [MENTION=22229]Football[/MENTION]isfixed
Tony Bloom: "I carry full responsibility for the corruption. Nobody told me that matchfixing was against the rules or that doping was illegal or that there were issues relating to owning a football club & a betting syndicate. In hindsight I should have questioned it

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Bit like Leeds fans with Ben White it started with a big Billy bollocks we are massive so will sign who we want and as their owners come up against the Barber and Bloom dream team and realise we won’t roll over and have our belly tickled the forums switch to slagging the club off.

Like petulant kids who can’t get what they want. **** em
That’s what I thought, they act like spoilt children. Bit pathetic in all honesty.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
That’s what I thought, they act like spoilt children. Bit pathetic in all honesty.

Spilt children? Harsh - but lack of ability ro apply common logic? Oh boy, yes. The defenders they have bought have cost them around £50\M - or a bit nore - each, except, I think Ake, who was about £47M.

Now, I may be making a huge assumption here, but I'm assuming Pep isn't pushing to get in players who aren't as good as what he's already got - so why do some idiots think he will get in a better player by paying less than what he's paid for his present defenders? One thing I'm sure of is that all Brighton fans know that Pep ain't that stupid........

There is a price that will take Cucu to Man. City if it is paid this summer. What that price is, I've no idea - but it won't be £25M-£30M less than the rest of the current Man. City defence!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Spilt children? Harsh - but lack of ability ro apply common logic? Oh boy, yes. The defenders they have bought have cost them around £50\M - or a bit nore - each, except, I think Ake, who was about £47M.

Now, I may be making a huge assumption here, but I'm assuming Pep isn't pushing to get in players who aren't as good as what he's already got - so why do some idiots think he will get in a better player by paying less than what he's paid for his present defenders? One thing I'm sure of is that all Brighton fans know that Pep ain't that stupid........

There is a price that will take Cucu to Man. City if it is paid this summer. What that price is, I've no idea - but it won't be £25M-£30M less than the rest of the current Man. City defence!

Well yes, especially given that we're lucky enough to be in a stronger financial position than a lot of those other selling clubs and the player has 4 years left on his deal

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
The PL really is pretty shit, isn't it?

Teams owned by fcking corrupt states hoovering up 2/3 teams worth of top talent at whatever prices cos money ain't an issue - what's the point? Only going to get worse with Newcastle now in the mix of clubs who've totally sold their soul.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here