Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I think City are quite underrated when it comes to the table of largest proportion of bellends in a fanbase. When they won the league at the Amex, and to a lesser extent the cup semi at Wembley, I thought they were right up there with the most unpleasant I'd encountered.

I think it depends on who you meet, when and how.

In our home game this season there were a couple of them who must have been two of the most unpleasant human beings I've ever clapped eyes on. One was a good 6ft 6 with the weight to go with it and would have been, say, mid 30s to mid 40s. He'd got riled on Falmer station about someone saying they'd only won because of their money and was looking for whoever it was who said it, offering out kids and old men as he went. An absolute Grade A, 24 carat James Blunt.

On the other hand, on the semi final day my mate had ended up booking himself and his son into a hotel in Harrow (me and Boy were staying at my mum's in Norf London). We met in his hotel and decided to have a pint on the way to Harrow-on-the-Hill, not realising that the trade off for us getting the Green Man was all the pubs in Harrow were City only. We sneaked into a boozer but my son had a scarf and my mate a lapel badge. A table full of City fans insisted we stayed for a pint anyway and had a good chat with both the young lads.

On experience one I'd put them right up with Leeds in the bellend league. But the guys we met in situation two were genuinely nice football fans who still remembered when they were in League One and how exciting Wembley is for a kid.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not yet but reading the thread on blue moon is funny. I thought Dirty were desperate needy fans but some on there are unreal. I love the way that by offering us a youngster or 2 on loan will swing the deal for £30m.
One poster even said about putting in an offer of £20m for a Palace defender that would make us think again.
I believe that cucu will end up a Shitty player, maybe soon or between the next 2 windows, but i expect that any deal done will be on our yerms. Remember Dale Stephens, wanted to go, told no dropped from team, came back a better player for us.

And (eventually) a shitty player for Bumley. Quite amusing, really.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
A couple of things, I doubt they did roll over. More likely they set a price and City met it. Contrary to some opinions, I actually think Phillips was their priority. Without Fernandinho, City won't have a DM whereas they still do have Cancelo and Zinchenko that can play at LB to a very decent standard.

Knowing that, I suspect that Cucurella is certainly of value but less of a priority. That said, he could be off any minute. I hear they've agreed personal terms....

Zinchenko has asked to move to centre mid. Would be a great signing for us. £40m for Marc and we get zinchenko. Well within our salary range too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think it depends on who you meet, when and how.

In our home game this season there were a couple of them who must have been two of the most unpleasant human beings I've ever clapped eyes on. One was a good 6ft 6 with the weight to go with it and would have been, say, mid 30s to mid 40s. He'd got riled on Falmer station about someone saying they'd only won because of their money and was looking for whoever it was who said it, offering out kids and old men as he went. An absolute Grade A, 24 carat James Blunt.

On the other hand, on the semi final day my mate had ended up booking himself and his son into a hotel in Harrow (me and Boy were staying at my mum's in Norf London). We met in his hotel and decided to have a pint on the way to Harrow-on-the-Hill, not realising that the trade off for us getting the Green Man was all the pubs in Harrow were City only. We sneaked into a boozer but my son had a scarf and my mate a lapel badge. A table full of City fans insisted we stayed for a pint anyway and had a good chat with both the young lads.

On experience one I'd put them right up with Leeds in the bellend league. But the guys we met in situation two were genuinely nice football fans who still remembered when they were in League One and how exciting Wembley is for a kid.

Indeed.

It is sooooo easy to do the lazy pattern-recognition/confirmation-bias thing about groups of people.

(the vid works if you click on watch on youtube)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Ep169hkvU

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
And (eventually) a shitty player for Bumley. Quite amusing, really.

And now training with us waiting for a club, though wouldn't be surprised he become our next over 23/1 player

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
And now training with us waiting for a club, though wouldn't be surprised he become our next over 23/1 player

Is he? Crikey. I thought he was a congenital northerner, who left us because he was pining for the fjords. :mad:

Anyway...something about that makes me feel slightly warmer inside.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I don't get it, from what i've been reading by some on here I was expecting MC to walk into the training ground dressed like Liam Gallagher singing Champagne Supernova!

Lucky I didn't have a mouthful of wine reading that after watching the video :laugh::bowdown:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The U23 PL 2 League has become an U21 league from this season.

So no more U23/U21 confusion, although a limited number of over 21 players are allowed.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Didn't kow that.There probably will be a few moving on then.
Perhaps in the future, but I don't think we actually have any U23 and U22 players who are not 25 man squad players at present.

I'm possibly wrong here as I haven't checked.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Perhaps in the future, but I don't think we actually have any U23 and U22 players who are not 25 man squad players at present.

I'm possibly wrong here as I haven't checked.

Good question - but I can't be bothered to check tinight either! Our U23s have been generally pretty young though, recently, anyway.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
The U23 PL 2 League has become an U21 league from this season.

So no more U23/U21 confusion, although a limited number of over 21 players are allowed.

It’s not that limited, for this season 5 outfield players and the goalkeeper can all be over age. I believe this is to help with the transition and it will revert back to 3 outfield players and a goalkeeper for the 23-24 season.

It’s only a few seasons since they changed to the U23s but as the average age of players in PL2 is 19 going back to an U21s league makes sense.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It’s not that limited, for this season 5 outfield players and the goalkeeper can all be over age. I believe this is to help with the transition and it will revert back to 3 outfield players and a goalkeeper for the 23-24 season.

It’s only a few seasons since they changed to the U23s but as the average age of players in PL2 is 19 going back to an U21s league makes sense.
Yes, I guess so. Pretty much any of our U23s who were over 21 were out on loan, I think. Cochrane, Molumby - and Gyokeres last season, etc.
Good move in my opinion. If they're not good enough at 21/22, they need to make a career for themselves lower down the pyramid. If they're a really late developer, they can always progress later.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Seems a lot of NSC are interested in the practice and tactics of negotiating. I can strongly recommend having a read of "Never Split The Difference" by Christopher Voss, an ex FBI hostage negotiator. Its so informative and really interesting. A bit of an eye opener into the psychology of getting to a deal.

Buy through the NSC Amazon link of course!!

Thanks for this, arrived this morning and 20 pages in so far [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
And all because albion gave him the Ben White Number 3 ( Free ) shirt.

#FreeCucurella

#ManCityThroughAndThrough

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here