Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
How divorced from reality do you have to be to imagine that people who dislike their team must be fans of one of their rivals.

Of course, nobody would be at all bothered by an organisation with the wealth of an oil rich nation behind it and to put it mildly, a lax attitude to FFP, unless they were bitter Liverpool or Man Utd fans. Yeah, right. No fans of other clubs were at all bothered by them and the other showers of carpetbagging scumbags at the rest of the big six plotting in secret to run off to their franchise league and shaft a century of football culture. Nobody minds that they learnt no lesson from the response, but went straight back to UEFA pleading for special treatment just in case there was a season when their massive financial advantage didn't see them qualify for the trough by playing football.

Here's a message for any City fans reading this. Your club are a carbunkle on English football's backside. You are despised by any right thinking fan of any other team. However, we also despise the other five carbunkles just as much. The six of you leeches had only one Friend in football and he has just retired. Yes if you want one of our players, you will be able to cheat any means introduced to level the financial playing field and get him. And yes we do know that what your club does to us, our club will be doing to those further down the food chain. That's hard reality in an unfair and poorly regulated marketplace. When it comes down to it, the richer you are, the more successful you'll generally be. You have the money, so if you want Cucu, you'll get him, but make no mistake, it will cost you every penny we can screw out of you, because all of your previous success means nothing to people who support their local club and you are entitled to nothing more than what your fat wallet will buy you.

Its nothing personal. That's just football supporting and everybody has the same attitude to every other team whatever their perceived status :kiss:

Hmm....I agree with a lot of what you said. However, it goes on all the way down the food chain. And we are actually pretty high up the chain today, just not as high as the carbunkles.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Ben’s Grandad will be tutting somewhere

Such a legendary poster.

It feels so incredibly sad that he never saw Cucu in the stripes, what with his left back obsession. Cucu is our LB GOAT.

This means that he may well be sold but £60m+ will be the fee and I’m distraught, because I know Citeh will pay it.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I don't mind if City come in with their big money to sign Cucu.

The problem I have is when they come in with low balling small money, and on top of that think we want to negotiate a "deal".

Read the price tag. Pay the money. Or not.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Come on City, stump up the dosh and let’s move on. Please

They are going to have to pay it and they will so get on with it FFS

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Hmm....I agree with a lot of what you said. However, it goes on all the way down the food chain. And we are actually pretty high up the chain today, just not as high as the carbunkles.

Wise words……..in human nature there is always a tendency to only look up. For us now, there is a bloody massive amount more below than there is above. Being just below carbuncle is ok with me. Pay up the £60m and **** off.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
97f8e7bc6dd43d7425b88e1835a8d41c.jpg

Hmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very good ������

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Since when has TB done this? Sauce, goose and ganders and all that....
Arsenal - we'll give you £35m for Ben White.
TB - £50M
ARSE - £38M
TB - £50M
ARSE - OK, £40M. Final Offer.
TB - £50M
ARSE - £43M
TB - £50M
ARSE £45M
TB - £50M
ARSE - How about £48M to save face?
TB - £50M
ARSE - OK £50M Alright with you?
TB - Agreed. Pleasure doing business.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Since when has TB done this? Sauce, goose and ganders and all that....

When a deal is to be made, TB makes it.

When the selling club demand the asking price then TB either pays or walks away ( see Thomas Delaney ) depending on whether the price still looks OK or not.

So, with the same sauce and geese, Man City pay or walk away.

There is no low ball deal here.

Last edited:

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
It’s really simple, this one. £60 mill plus and he’s gone. They paid £52 mill in a low inflation economy for a guy who spent much of last season on remand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Completely agree. The floppy haird wonder has 4 years to run on his contract, and we don't need to sell. Unless he has some kind of 'minimum release clause' in his contract then we should take Man City to the cleaners. If he throws his toys out of the pram (which I don't think he'll do) then we need to stay firm and politely remind him that he's 'owned' by Sir Tony.

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
TB - £50M
ARSE - £38M
TB - £50M
TB - £50M
ARSE - £43M
TB - £50M
ARSE £45M
TB - £50M
TB - £50M

This. If TB doesn't get the price he wants, then there will be no deal, no matter what the player/agent wants. TB won't sell at a cut price because a player wants the move, he's a businessman. If he leaves, then it's because they've met our valuation of the player. They may make it difficult by unsettling him, but that's their problem, if City want the player then they will pay market value, not a penny less.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I'd be very surprised if we ever name a figure that we want, thus capping ourselves. It's down to the other party to use their imagination and prove how much he is worth to them.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'd be very surprised if we ever name a figure that we want, thus capping ourselves. It's down to the other party to use their imagination and prove how much he is worth to them.
Sure, but this just justify the potential buyer low-balling.

"Will you take £30M?"
"No."
"£35M?"
"No." ..... and so on.

They're hardly going to come in with,
"How about £70M?"
"Yes, OK, deal ....................... oh, by the way, we'd have taken £60M if you'd offered it."
........ are they?

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park

As someone who has negotiated some multi million pound deals - the target price is not revealed. I can imagine a scenario in football when an elite PL club might strongarm a club with ‘struggling’ circumstances. But not Brighton.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
TB - £50M
ARSE - £38M
TB - £50M
TB - £50M
ARSE - £43M
TB - £50M
ARSE £45M
TB - £50M
TB - £50M

Wasn't it more like:

TB - No
ARSE - £38M
TB - No
TB - No
ARSE - £43M
TB - No
ARSE £45M
TB - No
TB - No

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
People thinking that lil' ole Brighton should be grateful to get 2-3 times what they paid for Cucurella (the less intelligent and more entitled on Bluemoon, I'm looking at you!) should see the mark-up Coventry City fans are putting on former Brighton player Viktor Gyokeres (Middlesbrough and Fulham sniffing - Middlesbrough sniffing hard - apparantly)!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
As someone who has negotiated some multi million pound deals - the target price is not revealed. I can imagine a scenario in football when an elite PL club might strongarm a club with ‘struggling’ circumstances. But not Brighton.

But you don't know exactly how TB operates. He may well have said from the outset our price is £50m and whereas most negotiating sellers would steadily come down and meet in the middle, Bloom didn't. If he now does the same with Cuccurella, ie sets a price and sticks with it, it sets a benchmark for anyone else that wants to do business with him.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
But you don't know exactly how TB operates. He may well have said from the outset our price is £50m and whereas most negotiating sellers would steadily come down and meet in the middle, Bloom didn't. If he now does the same with Cuccurella, ie sets a price and sticks with it, it sets a benchmark for anyone else that wants to do business with him.

Have absolutely no idea how TB operates. Just sharing personal experience where lots of money is involved.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here