Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Him using the n word on Instagram when he was still at Barca is however, sadly fact.

Of course different cultures handle stuff like that differently, but the club really needs to employ someone to really dissect a new signings social media and remove anything offensive. It’s just common sense.
Used the 'N' word? I bet he didn't! - the Spanish equivalet, maybe - but perhaps that's still in common usage there, and not regarded with the same level of opprobrium as it is in the UK.

After all, it's not [I[that[/I] long ago that it was commonly (and completely innocently) used here - anyone over the age of 50 or 60 is likely to have used 'Eeny meeny miney mo' (and we all know what the next line was!) for selecting options in the playground - but it doesn't mean every British kid growing up in the 50s, 60s and 70s was or is the 'R' word. Yes, we've learned better - but that doesn't follow that every nation or culture has.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Used the 'N' word? I bet he didn't! - the Spanish equivalet, maybe - but perhaps that's still in common usage there, and not regarded with the same level of opprobrium as it is in the UK.

After all, it's not [I[that[/I] long ago that it was commonly (and completely innocently) used here - anyone over the age of 50 or 60 is likely to have used 'Eeny meeny miney mo' (and we all know what the next line was!) for selecting options in the playground - but it doesn't mean every British kid growing up in the 50s, 60s and 70s was or is the 'R' word. Yes, we've learned better - but that doesn't follow that every nation or culture has.

I love Spain and have plenty of Spanish mates but I have never forgotten the racist abuse Lewis got when he was racing in Spain as a rookie against Alonso. Full blacked up fancy dress in the stands :down:

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel

I’m not quite sure why I’d make that up :shrug:

DBBCCACC-B7A4-4BAD-9A9D-C850D7388726.jpeg

I’m not going to demand that we execute him, and I agree with a lot of the reasons both you and [MENTION=17447]Bakero[/MENTION] have pointed out. My problem is more with the club for being too lazy to properly look through his social media accounts and get that caption deleted when we signed him, rather than it being discovered 6 months ago and hastily deleted then.

Thankfully, for whatever reason it didn’t become the massive scandal that it could have been. But it could have been nipped in the bud if the club had bothered to get someone to spend a couple of hours trawling through his social media.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

View attachment 149037

I’m not going to demand that we execute him, and I agree with a lot of the reasons both you and [MENTION=17447]Bakero[/MENTION] have pointed out. My problem is more with the club for being too lazy to properly look through his social media accounts and get that caption deleted when we signed him, rather than it being discovered 6 months ago and hastily deleted then.

Thankfully, for whatever reason it didn’t become the massive scandal that it could have been. But it could have been nipped in the bud if the club had bothered to get someone to spend a couple of hours trawling through his social media.

As I suspected, misguided rather than malicious. You'd think they'd have better social media /Cultural awareness training at La Masía.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

View attachment 149037

Did you need to replicate it though?

Lawros Lip

Sep 16, 2020
I love Spain and have plenty of Spanish mates but I have never forgotten the racist abuse Lewis got when he was racing in Spain as a rookie against Alonso. Full blacked up fancy dress in the stands :down:

Several black England players were taunted with monkey chants and chants by large sections of the crowd at the Santiago Bernabeu stadium during England's 1-0 defeat in 2004. Initially Spanish authorities failed to condemn this before going on to call it intolerable. I’m sure things have improved in last 20!years but from my visits to Spain I suspect those attitudes, adopted by the majority of that crowd, have lingered on. This is not an attempt to defend, just an observation.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Mostly like this crock of shite (22 followers :dunce::wanker::shit:)

[tweet]1539331549740531713[/tweet]

There was some Twitter account or other reporting he'd agreed terms weeks ago as well.

It's all just people pissing into the wind and hoping they'll hit something.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here