Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

many going to yeovil?

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
300-400 would be pathetic for a first div. side, there are conference sides that take more away. A friend of mine who supports Oxford, said they took over 500 to Gateshead, and regularly 2000 away last season.

The only extenuating circumstance is that they have a bigger fan base than us and are a bigger club.

first div side??im afraid i could be close considering those that have been yeovil will know its a horrid place to get too,we are pure shite at the mo and people dont have the cash! rovers away was poor considering there was over 600 there so expecting this one to be just as bad!

as for oxford they did not 'regularly' take 2000 away last season

ward is god

Dec 26, 2008
Somerset near Yeovil
Agreed about Oxford - I know someone who goes home and away with Oxford and he would never claim that - four to six hundred at best.

Come along and support the team - this could be the start of the rest of the season.

bluestripe

Jul 14, 2009
oxford a bigger fan base !!!!

i think you are deluded , rodfox, if you if you think oxford have a bigger fanbase,

oxford is a town full of students, surrounded by fields, a club , who i can remember as non league, a club with very little history, the only thing they have bigger at the mo is a newish stadium, but Falmer when finished will be much bigger.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
300-400 would be pathetic for a first div. side, there are conference sides that take more away. A friend of mine who supports Oxford, said they took over 500 to Gateshead, and regularly 2000 away last season.

The only extenuating circumstance is that they have a bigger fan base than us and are a bigger club.

I don't mind people quoting stats in their argument, but when they are so clearly nonsense - and when they are from someone who so evidently revels in the fact that we are not doing too well this season - they need correcting.

I don't have a friend who goes to the Oxford games, but I can read their website. Away attendence (in total) for this seasons games has averaged 2,464. Oxford United have already played a number of the "bigger" teams, so these stats look pretty representative to me. There is no way on earth that OU are regularly taking 2,000 to away games.

Kettering - 2240
Histon - 1433
AC Wimbledon - 4304
Ebbsfleet - 1468
Wrexham - 3628
Mansfield - 3933
Gateshead - 1144
Barrow - 1561
Average - 2464

And average home attendance last year was ahighly creditable 4400 or so, but even that stat makes the claim that 2000 regularly go away look a little silly.

Just my opinion like, but The Albion have great away fans and a decent following on the road. Might be better to choose another way to slag off the club Rodfox?

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
Living out West, Exeter and Yeovil are the two games I can get to. So I'll be there tomorrow, hoping to finally see an Albion victory at Huish Park. Also, maybe Nathan Jones won't act like a total pratt.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
trains a nitemare so wasnt, but as a mate is now driving down,that will be 5 more,600 max

siclean

ex hollingbury
Apr 14, 2009
save yer time and money lads..ur onto a beating ..another game ur not gonna win //div 2 beckons im afraid... hey u could well be playing crawley next season ha ha :wanker::wanker::wanker::wanker::bigwave::bigwave::bigwave::shrug::shrug::shrug:

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
Be there - second local away league game after Rovers. Yeovil is still a pain to get to even from East Bristol - takes an hour and a half down the A37/A303.

Recommend no one tries to drive through Yeovil - follow the signposts on the A303 to the next junction. Stations are also miles from the ground.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Not a snowflakes chance in hell

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here