Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Manure Slipping Away?

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
They've just lost to Lille, leaving them swinging in the wind in their Group, not looking good to qualify for the next stage.
Home to Villareal and away at Benfica, and I wouldn't be betting on Manure taking points from either match at the moment!
Is this the beginning of the end for them?

Lots of dissent in the ranks, Keane is stirring shit faster than he talks it, Fergie seems to be losing his grip on the team. How long will the new owner put up with Fergie being there if they start losing - he needs victories to bring in his money, the fact that Fergie should be going out on a high for his last season won't matter if the owner thinks he can put someone else in.

Also I see young Dexter Blackstock has done well for Derby tonight....surprised Southampton let him go on loan.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
One can but hope Man U are slipping away. I have no time for them. They cried blue murder when the Glaziers bought them. They cornered the market and profiteered from being a PLC. Other clubs have suffered whilst they have reaped rich rewards from the Champions League. Is there any money given to clubs whose attendances have been affected when Champions League is on TV? Disowning their club after they were only allowed to buy Park, Van Der Sar and Ben Foster. I would be outraged if they were the only signings of the summer!

Fergie, Wenger, Mourinho all swiping at each other, bitching and refusing to shake each others hands. Complaining when they have injury problems etc etc. They must be very ignorant, to ignore real footballing issues. Teams going bust etc.

As far as I am concerned, One down, two to go.

You think Southampton would want to hold onto Blackstock as they are a little goal shy at the best of times, but then who are we to judge!

Lander

NSC down?
Jan 11, 2005
Lindfield
Hopefully all down hill for them which i could see happening man u for the championship next season:lolol:

E

enigma

I dedicate their demise to all those wankers who should be supporting their local team :drink:

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
They could have problems. The players are at Manure because they expect to win, and therefore get paid lots. Less winning means less pay, less TV rights, less advertising, etc. These players need to play for clubs where they will get exposure for international teams. They will want to start looking at bigger clubs (like Wigan!), and Manure could spiral downwards in a flat spin. Victims of their own arrogance and previous successes.

I can't see them becoming a Championship side, but I think this could be the start of a few years in the wilderness for them.

Rumours they want to sign Blunkett and get George Best back on their books could be spurious though...

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Not Glazier's fault - Fergie wanted "one more season", Keane has been shit stirring and slagging off his own team, Ronaldo has been playing with his mind not fully engaged, Smith seems to have forgotten why he has legs, Rooney has been a petulant child, etc, etc. Glazier has seen a cash cow, but seems to have stepped up just as the club has hit a problem. Nistelrooy will be the first to start angling for a move, then the others will follow - the fans will turn on the team, and they will destroy each other - the fans are not used to struggling or losing, and will not take it well.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Seeing them fail is almost as enjoyable as seeing Brighton succeed.

I hope they never win another trophy for as long as they exist.

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....
I've just had a look at the Premiership table for the first time this season and I'm amazed at the clubs above Manure and Arse.

1 Chelsea
2 Wigan
3 Tottenham
4 Man City
5 Bolton
6 Charlton
7 Manure
8 Arse

Wigan for the European Champions League next season.? What are the odds on that.?

Last edited:

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Er, one Wigan aren't a national side and two next year is a World Cup year, not a European Championship year.

I'd say chances are slim

:p :jester:

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Fergie should've quit after the treble in 99, never ben the same their since - All team fall eventually anyone remmeber Liverpool in the 70's and 80's that all came to an end.

What with Arsenal having a wobble pity Chelsea have all that money as the premiership would be really competitive otherwise.

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
KinkyGoebels said:
Rio had another stormer last night - his place should be under pressure in the England side but it wont be.
Partly because Campbell is out of sorts apparently, and Woodgate needs more matches under his belt.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Riiiiooooo, RIIIIIIOOOOOOO.

Useless lazy goon, 30 million

Terry and sick note Campbell first choice for me

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
At this rate Mcshane copuld feature for them .. not good for us !

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Do I feel sorry for them? To paraphrase a fast food commercial "I'm f***ing Loving It".

For years I've had to put up with Mrs Bwian's family's gloating (they're from Blackpool) over ManUre-loads of phone calls letting us know whenever they'd won something.

Phones have been fairly quiet of late though:salute: :lolol:

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
I must admit, it is good to have stony silence from the nouveau-glory hunting fans of Manure. A few less shirts being sold would be nice, and as Arsenal are having internal snags, it's nice to see the Championship having a long overdue shake up. I don't really mind Chelsea doing well, and it's nice to see Jose riling the other managers and upsetting them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here