Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ManU Green and Gold

little al

Crystal Palace fan
Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
It f***ing annoys me that when you say United, you mean Man.Utd.

What about West Ham, Sheffield et al. I'd be seriously pissed off if I supported a different United.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
They're actually protesting about Utd NOT being a plc. They know that glazer is raping the club of money and has saddled it with debt, and will leave it with that debt. They knew it before he came there, check out the protests when the glazers first came to the club.

I find it hypocritical that after all we went through to remove an unpopular chairman, people are having a go at utd fans for doing the same thing.

That said, had you put "where were the green and gold army in moscow when they won the champoins league" you may have had a point.
Well said.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
In reality most United season ticket holders will be corporate types, ie . in reality they couldn't care who owns the club as long as they get their bragging rights about being a STH. As for the rest of the crowd, they so rarely get to see a game due to demand they are not going to let a 'silly scarf' protest stop them taking little Johnny to the mecca of football that is Old Trafford.

There is a lack of real, not 'faux', passion all around Old Trafford when 74.000 fans made as little noise as Withdean whist beating AC Milan 4-0!

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
_47450706_beckhamscarfwave226170pa.jpg
_47450674_beckhamscarf206116ap.jpg

:clap2:

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004

What a f***ing penis. Your employers have just been stuffed out of sight by United yet he parades around with that soppy scarf on at the end of the game. If I were Leonardo I'd fine him immediately.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
What a f***ing penis. Your employers have just been stuffed out of sight by United yet he parades around with that soppy scarf on at the end of the game. If I were Leonardo I'd fine him immediately.

If I was Leanardo I'd praise him for being the only AC player who looked like they gave a shit for the last half an hour.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It had been about 3 seconds since the camera was on Beckham, he had to do something to keep the limelight! Beckham? PR stunt? Never!

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Perhaps if their fans weren't such arrogant tossers.

But that is like categorising all Palace fans as Caravan dwelling, pikey armed robbing criminals.

I used to work with a Man U fan who was from Manchester and a season ticket holder. Certainly wasn’t arrogent and certainly knew his football. More so than the supposed Chesterfield fan that didn’t know what division they were in. They do have their fair share of plastics but no more so than any other big club.

Man U fans have a point. I read somewhere that they take 60 million out of the club on ‘management charges’ nice work if you can get it. Like them or loath them, no-one would find it easy to argue that the Glazers have the clubs interests at heart.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I applaud them for seeing beyond their famed prawn sandwiches and showing a passion for the future of their club. Their owners are running the club for their own benefits, and putting the good of the supporters secondary, and that is not the way to do it.

There was someone on another thread yesterday criticising the running of MYFC for being "too much for the benefit of local fans", but surely that is exactly what any decent owner should be doing, putting the supporters first. The Glazers only see the fans as a line on their income report, no more.

The Glazers have been in this for themselves from the very start, and have not shown the slightest interest in the wants and desires of the "local fans", they are far too wrapped up in Worldwide merchandising, and feathering their own nest, when really it's the fans who show up week in week out, and have been doing so for years that have been there before all the money, and will be there after.

It's easy to criticise the plastic Man U fans who whoop and holla in a pub in Sussex everytime "their" team score, or win another trophy, but that doesn't represent them all. They have 1,000s and 1,000s who are like you and I, just with more stamps on their passport, and a team that stays in a cup longer than a teabag. They have supported them from their first days of supporting anyone. They go to games, travel the country, travel Europe, and LOVE the club. Of course they protest when someone is running it for the benefit of the owners.

I applaud their efforts, and hope they succeed. The Glazers are bad news for the game, and represent exactly what the EPL should be trying to keep away from ownering clubs, as their intentions are neither fit and proper.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I applaud them for seeing beyond their famed prawn sandwiches and showing a passion for the future of their club. Their owners are running the club for their own benefits, and putting the good of the supporters secondary, and that is not the way to do it.

There was someone on another thread yesterday criticising the running of MYFC for being "too much for the benefit of local fans", but surely that is exactly what any decent owner should be doing, putting the supporters first. The Glazers only see the fans as a line on their income report, no more.

The Glazers have been in this for themselves from the very start, and have not shown the slightest interest in the wants and desires of the "local fans", they are far too wrapped up in Worldwide merchandising, and feathering their own nest, when really it's the fans who show up week in week out, and have been doing so for years that have been there before all the money, and will be there after.

It's easy to criticise the plastic Man U fans who whoop and holla in a pub in Sussex everytime "their" team score, or win another trophy, but that doesn't represent them all. They have 1,000s and 1,000s who are like you and I, just with more stamps on their passport, and a team that stays in a cup longer than a teabag. They have supported them from their first days of supporting anyone. They go to games, travel the country, travel Europe, and LOVE the club. Of course they protest when someone is running it for the benefit of the owners.

I applaud their efforts, and hope they succeed. The Glazers are bad news for the game, and represent exactly what the EPL should be trying to keep away from ownering clubs, as their intentions are neither fit and proper.

well said

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

maybe, but then...

the best thing i've seen is a couple of lads wearing green and gold scarfs whilst clinging lovingly to their numerous fresh Man. Utd. Megastore carrier bags.

i question their passion.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
i question their passion.

But surely this is the point, they still love the club, and that means they are unfortunately still putting money into the pockets of the Glazers whether it be through the ticket office or the club shop, just as I was unfortunately still doing with Archer in the name of being a Brighton supporter. But while doing that I was turning my back on games, blowing whistles or bursting in through the East stand at half-time. They are wearing the Green and Gold.

On some of those occasions I may well have been in the club shop (actually I don't think I did because I was a broke student at the time) as well to buy a car sticker or a replica shirt. Would buying merchandising of teh club I love make me any less passionate?

I don't get your point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here