Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Manic Street Preachers - Brighton Center Tomorrow

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Anyone else going tomorrow?

Saw them at Brixton last night and they were on fire Hpunk:punk::guitar:

If you haven't got a ticket I would highly recommend it.

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
If I'd realised, I probably would have gone along though more out of curiosity than anything else, as they haven't been on my musical radar for the best part of a decade now.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
went to see them at the dome earlier this year - very good but not worth taking another days holiday to see them again for me..

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
Yes - saw them 3 years or so ago when supported by Ian Brown. Great night out!

I was at that one, didn't Ian Brown have a few bottles chucked at him and ended up getting taken offstage by security? Or was that another Ian Brown gig? I was a bit pissed at the time having spent the day in the Lord Nelson. I'm sure it was at least five years ago, as well.

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
A friend had tickets for the Brighton gig in the summer. Didn't fancy it and it was a bit of a mission getting rid of them. Nobody wanted them, could barely give them away.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
I was lucky enough to tour with them and Catatonia in 2000 - Awesome on stage in big arena's; real 'big gig' feel about them from a production side.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Amazing gig again.

Shame James voice was a bit rough with his cold but still great down the front!

punk:punk:

sonicyouth

May 20, 2004
Coventry
i wish i could afford to see them again, saw them in 2002 at the brum NEC and they were absolutely awesome.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Brilliant gig,. they are class. I agree with the comment about poor sound - JDB had to abandon their cover of Rush's "Spirit Of Radio" after about 10 seconds because of feedback, which was a real shame.

I love the fact there was no fannying around with encores - just played the set and then left.

Kenneth Wattle

Aug 31, 2007
Brilliant gig,. they are class. I agree with the comment about poor sound - JDB had to abandon their cover of Rush's "Spirit Of Radio" after about 10 seconds because of feedback, which was a real shame.

I love the fact there was no fannying around with encores - just played the set and then left.

The Manics have only ever played an encore once in their entire gig history (apparently), in their gig in Cuba a few years back.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
The Manics have only ever played an encore once in their entire gig history (apparently), in their gig in Cuba a few years back.

I seem to recall them playing a cover of It's So Easy by GNFR as part of an encore at Reading 2001.

I was a little the worst for wear though, to be honest!

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
Set List:

Motorcycle Emptiness
Autumnsong
You Love Us
Roses In The Hospital
Everything Must Go
Ocean Spray
Slash ‘n’ Burn
She Is Suffering
Forever Delayed
La Tristesse Durera
Your Love Alone Is Not Enough
Kevin Carter
Spirit of Radio into If You Tolerate This Your Children Will Be Next
This Is Yesterday (acoustic)
A verse of Last Christmas into The Everlasting (acoustic)
Send Away The Tigers
She Sells Sanctuary into Motown Junk
Little Baby Nothing
You Stole the Sun from my heart
Masses against the Classes
A Design for Life

Great gig - even if JDB's voice was a little rough and the sound wasn't quite right!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here