Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mandaric & Owls set to lose millions

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I can't quite understand why he will lose millions if they fail to go up. Losses will be the same now whatever happens, stay down or go up so does he actually mean that he won't recoup the money he expected to?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
....they hope, their current form will see them in the bottom 4 by the end of the season!

Oh and just in case you never saw this thread from their message board the first time back in December,

Seaweed fans - Owlstalk

remarkable prescience though from the guy in the (third) post on that thread who says he doesn't think they will be playing us again for a number of years after this season.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Mandric is a money mongrel, not interested in the club and it's future but, in only how much dosh he can make and make quickly. Unfortuately theres loads of them in Football, they never invest in an academy because that doesn't interest them. People like Mandric never pump their own money into clubs they take out ridiculous loans on repayment terms that cripple then in years to come.

How the hell he passes the fit and proper test the supposed football authorites use baffles the hell out of me. Although that can be said of many chairman.

I like this post, because I am now thinking... did TB say this last year when we scraped away from relegation? Was the only thing on his mind money? Or was it the good of BHA? Would he have said it this year if we had done a mid season mediocrity with him bankrolling another 100 million quid? Some people are fit for football, some people are not, and I'm firmly in the Tony Bloom camp!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
From the BBC website:
"Sheffield Wednesday chairman Milan Mandaric says he will face a bill of millions of pounds if the Owls are not promoted from League One this season."

Better start getting his cheque book out now then.

What good would that do? Swatting flies maybe?

The transfer window is closed
I think you've missed what Daffy was referring to. He needs the cheque book to pay the bills he referred to, not to buy his way out of the league.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Mandaric and Sheff Wed deserve each other. My only advice would be to anyone supplying them. Don't give them credit, demand cash on delivery!!!!

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Do they have anyone who we'd want to buy for the Champ? Know got a few decent players but not convinced anyone would get in our current first team. Maybe as good as what we have but not better.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Sometimes I think that Wendy fans are even more deluded than Leeds fans. Despite their lamentable performance last season they still seemed to think that promotion was a formality (admittedly so did quite a few pundits). They are now in free fall and if they carry on they'll be out of this league and into League Two.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Wasn't so long ago they could have gone above us and been top. Wonder what has gone so badly wrong there ?

They could have taken top spot on goal difference on 18th December (having played two games more - 21 to our 19) but lost 5-1 at Exeter. They were seven points behind by the time we'd both played 21 games at the end of New Years Day.

Since the 18th December they have had two wins, 4 draws and 8 defeats in 14 games. That's 10 points in 14 games. A monumental implosion.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Do they have anyone who we'd want to buy for the Champ? Know got a few decent players but not convinced anyone would get in our current first team. Maybe as good as what we have but not better.

Neil (Fatty) Mellor is on loan there from Preston , he can throw his weight about and could be available for a small fee when Preston have to downsize to cope with life in League 1 next season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here