Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
**** off Shearer you CJTC!!

We did everything we should have to get a result and deserve massive credit for stopping City. Miserable Geordie prick. Just jealous cos City are better than any team he played for and uave won the premier league.

Jenas can **** off too.

Jenas was the only half decent one, unfortunately he was right, yet again we have played a top 6 side that were not up for it, but we had our game plan and stuck to it, maybe if we went for it we could have equalised.
This is not a moan as it's hindsight, I am very proud especially the 2nd half, it was s great performance, but as for the BBC, I have never seen such obvious and stupid bias, it was embarrassing to watch, I could be seen as a bad loser, don't care, plenty of Albion fans call it when we are shit and outplayed, we can't all be wrong.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Some of us are a bit precious.

So the BBC didn’t kiss our bums.

Who cares?

We held ourselves proud today and can now focus on the league.

There is nothing precious about me, and I didn't want arse kissing, I wanted some honest comments, that's why they are there.
They made us sound like the wheezy ginger kid sitting on the wall because he hasn't been picked.
I won't have that.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Jenas was the only half decent one, unfortunately he was right, yet again we have played a top 6 side that were not up for it, but we had our game plan and stuck to it, maybe if we went for it we could have equalised.
This is not a moan as it's hindsight, I am very proud especially the 2nd half, it was s great performance, but as for the BBC, I have never seen such obvious and stupid bias, it was embarrassing to watch, I could be seen as a bad loser, don't care, plenty of Albion fans call it when we are shit and outplayed, we can't all be wrong.

But City are not just a top 6 side, they are the best team we’ve ever seen in this country. Our game plan was perfect and we were really unlucky in the end. I think if we’d started Andone we’d have had a better chance but that’s the only criticism I can make.

I’m the first to be critical if we deserve it but we don’t today. It was a great effort.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
We need to play like that (second half) in the league for he rest of the season - with Knocker, Izzy and Adone as starters.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
We were poor first half and decent 2nd. Positives to take away. But my word, City's support is absolutely dreadful.
Of course they were, they should be beating smaller teams like Brighton! ;0)

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
But City are not just a top 6 side, they are the best team we’ve ever seen in this country. Our game plan was perfect and we were really unlucky in the end. I think if we’d started Andone we’d have had a better chance but that’s the only criticism I can make.

I’m the first to be critical if we deserve it but we don’t today. It was a great effort.

To be fair to Murray, I thought he held it up pretty well at times and bought a few free kicks to take the pressure off. Andone getting half an hour was about right, although CH could have changed them at half time. We are still pretty light playing one out and out forward - I would really like us to have a Gross type player on the pitch (and not play him on the wing!).

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Pundits are right to an extent though- we really didn't put much pressure on them. We're not playing as fluently as we were second half of last season.

£120m squad, in the PL for less than 2 seasons, lacking pace and an attacking CM.

versus

£900m squad, internationals, pace to burn everywhere, every trick in the book, who routinely score loads against teams “taking it to them”.

CH got this right, we stayed in the game, grew into it. So a massive thanks to CH and the players for a great effort, against all odds.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
To be fair to Murray, I thought he held it up pretty well at times and bought a few free kicks to take the pressure off. Andone getting half an hour was about right, although CH could have changed them at half time. We are still pretty light playing one out and out forward - I would really like us to have a Gross type player on the pitch (and not play him on the wing!).

I agree he did ok with what he can do but Andone just offers us a lot more now. We didn’t put any pressure at all on City early doors which contributed to their goal and that starts from the front.

Murray should just be saved for late cameo’s now.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
How did the stadium noise come across on TV.
Gotta say I thought it was pretty shite in the ground.
To me the sound just didn't carry even around our bit, although I could sense we were loud.

Very odd.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I agree he did ok with what he can do but Andone just offers us a lot more now. We didn’t put any pressure at all on City early doors which contributed to their goal and that starts from the front.

Murray should just be saved for late cameo’s now.

Don’t you think Andone did nowt in his 27 minutes? Knockaert still beat him then for pace, drive, mobility, running down defenders.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Don’t you think Andone did nowt in his 27 minutes? Knockaert still beat him then for pace, drive, mobility, running down defenders.

I agree Andone didn’t do that much with the ball today but just the way he closes defenders down and his runs off the ball give us another dimension. 3/4 times the defence and midfield tried balls behind the City defence that might have worked if not overhit that they would never have attempted with Murray on.

Knocky was just magnificent though! [emoji106]

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Never heard him mentioned once.

Exactly. I think it was an inspired decision by Chris to leave our scapegoat on the bench but he didn't add a single positive to the game. I'm furious.

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I sat next to a very nice gentleman from Horsham, called Terry, whose first Albion game was in 1948.
Very knowledgeable about the club, not blinkered to the fact of who we really are.
Come out with some great facts about our club.
Some of the younger fans could take note from his wisdom.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
How did the stadium noise come across on TV.
Gotta say I thought it was pretty shite in the ground.
To me the sound just didn't carry even around our bit, although I could sense we were loud.

Very odd.
Albion fans very vocal and came across as very loud. Did citeh have any fans there?

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here