Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manager’s pet players over the years

Telboy

Who Are You
Jul 6, 2003
WSU
As Super Steve Earle said Wayne Henderson, we all say he's doing a Hendo when a keeper parries a shot out in front of him

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Only our manager for one season, but for the life of me I couldn't understand why Oscar Garcia kept picking Jake Forster-Caskey. First name on the team sheet every week. Grim.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Also, Mickey Adams and Mark Walton.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Mark McGhee and the incredibly rubbish Calamity Wayne 'I'm here for my distribution' Henderson. Unfortunately he basked on the ground in the glory of his parried saves while forwards scored from endless opportunities palmed, passed or dropped in to their opportunist paths.

Absolutely this. It was all the more galling when we had FDM who could actually save bloody shots on the bench too.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You can't use Peter Taylor as your example and chose Danny Webb as the player!

Peter Taylor signed Junior Lewis at about FIVE clubs. If Taylor had a pet player, surely it was him!

This.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Micky Adams managed Richard Carpenter at Gillingham, Fulham and Brighton, and Paul Watson at Gillingham, Fulham, Brentford and Brighton, Paul Brooker at Fulham and Brighton. Decent players for us, it has to be said. But I did raise an eyebrow at the time.

Last edited:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Micky Adams managed Richard Carpenter at Gillingham, Fulham and Brighton, and Paul Watson at Gillingham, Fulham, Brentford and Brighton, Paul Brooker at Fulham and Brighton. Decent players for us, it has to be said. But I did raise an eyebrow at the time.

Micky Adams managed a fair few clubs, but Gillingham wasn't one of them.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
If we can include non Albion examples, I'd like to add John Bond and his son, Kevin Bond.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here