Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Manager for next season if we go down.

Who should be manager next season if we go down?

• Alan Curbishley

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Paul Ince

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Charlie Oatway

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Nicky Forster

Votes: 8 7.6%
  • Russell Slade

Votes: 73 69.5%
  • Dean Wilkins

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Dean Saunders

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Other

Votes: 9 8.6%

• Total voters

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It has often been suggested by his critics in the press that he could take Man Utd to European glory but wouldnt win Div 2 for Rochdale. Aberdeen are or were one of the better teams in the SPL, who would be expected to compete for titles.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Plus didn't Beckham, Scholes, Giggs, Neville, Neville, Butt all come through the youth ranks?

I believe so.

I'm no massive fan of Fergie or ManUre, but to say that all his successes are based on his having been at a club with lots of money at it's disposal is just drivel.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
It has often been suggested by his critics in the press that he could take Man Utd to European glory but wouldnt win Div 2 for Rochdale. Aberdeen are or were one of the better teams in the SPL, who would be expected to compete for titles.

Would they be (or have been) expected to beat Real Madrid in a European final though? I doubt it.

He also won the Scottish First Division with that noted moneybags club St Mirren.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I think managing at League 1 level must be a lot more stressful than managing in the prem because you don't have the money to spend, every club could go bust at any time, fans are more diehard than the cockney United fans, and will get on your back if results don't go your way, huge amount of injuries due to lack of fitness, players being poached by "bigger" clubs etc etc. Times have changed, and i think if Ferguson was the new manager, he wouldn't get us up.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am not anti Fergurson but not sure that even if given the chance I am not convinced that he could turn us around and make us into a premiership side. It must, however, be said that his contacts would probably get us quality loan players in.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
I'd rather have Slade than Ferguson.
It's not as if Ferguson would be able to spend £30 Million on a player for the Albion is it?

But in my hypothetical world he is going to spend some of his own money brining in Rooney and Ronaldo on a season long loan.

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
iT DOES NOT MATTER WHO IS MANAGER AS HE WILL NOT GET THE FINANCIAL BACKING REQUIRED TO BUILD A TEAM THAT WOULD BRING US ENTERTAINING WATCHABLE FOOTBALL.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Curbishley would be good, but I think continuity is important now, so I've voted for Slade. Don't fancy any of the others on the list anyway.

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
Gotta be Russell 'Shiney Bonce' Slade for me; he knows the deadwood he needs to clear out and where he needs to improve in the summer.

Why is anybody even attempting to criticise Sir Alex Ferguson's managerial ability? If you are serious trying to cricticie him then you know f*** all about football.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I'd like to see Mr Slade given a good crack o' the whip, tbh - but whether he actually fancies it is another matter really, innit.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Gannon and his own coaching staff.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here