Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Manager for next season if we go down.

Who should be manager next season if we go down?

• Alan Curbishley

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Paul Ince

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Charlie Oatway

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Nicky Forster

Votes: 8 7.6%
  • Russell Slade

Votes: 73 69.5%
  • Dean Wilkins

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Dean Saunders

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Other

Votes: 9 8.6%

• Total voters

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
OBVIOUSLY Curbishly, it'll NEVER happen though.
So Slade for me.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I'd LIKE to see Mourinho here, but I doubt it'll happen. :down:

Feb 5, 2009
brighton
i think russell slade,i dont think his done bad considering know one can turn a team around in such short time hasnt really had a chance and he has gave the players a lot of confidence. (just my opinion)

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Some odd options in the poll.

I'm more likley to fulfil my dream of getting down and dirty with Halle Berry than Curbs, Ince or Saunders managing a 4th division team.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Seeing as we are talking hypothetically I will go with Alex Ferguson because he is a good manager.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Seeing as we are talking hypothetically I will go with Alex Ferguson because he is a good manager.

With money he is but nobody knows what he would be like with a club that is strapped for cash.

I would look at an old experienced pro who has recently retired like David Unsworth or similar.

Mar 10, 2006
Gotta be Slade. Let him bring in his own staff for a start. The fact that he will have a deep knowledge of who to keep and who to let go from the current squad will be a bonus rather than a new manager taking over and being guided by White, Booker and Knight.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
With money he is but nobody knows what he would be like with a club that is strapped for cash.

I'm not sure Aberdeen were exactly rolling in it when he managed them to the SPL (three times), the Scottish Cup (four times) and the Cup Winners Cup, in fairness to the bloke.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Jings!

Another list of ante post runners.

No sign of Brian Clough or Bill Shankly,who are as likely as some of those listed.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I'm not sure Aberdeen were exactly rolling in it when he managed them to the SPL (three times), the Scottish Cup (four times) and the Cup Winners Cup, in fairness to the bloke.

Plus didn't Beckham, Scholes, Giggs, Neville, Neville, Butt all come through the youth ranks?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here