Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Man.Utd vs Leeds

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
The bookies are laughing all the way to the bank!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
bloody hell they showed the Brighton goal!!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Leeds deserved to win. Played like they did against the Albion, the long accurate ball doing the damage. I must dislike (=hates) Leeds more than Man United and it wasn't even a close run thing.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Wouldn't be so sure. I reckon a lot of people fancied Leeds.

There would be 2 lots of bets going down the toilet today. The match itself,and those that bet on Man U to win the cup outright.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Wouldn't be so sure. I reckon a lot of people fancied Leeds.

Nope. A few went large on a 1-0 Leeds win, Beckford first goalscorer (one guy plumped £100 on it!), but the overwhelming majority went with Man Utd. That said, I would say that the bookies have made a hit though, because there were a few large bets on Leeds.

Spunk Bubble

Feb 21, 2007
Today was the first day I supported Leeds in a game purely because I f**king hate Gary Neville & Ferguson. Well done Lads !!!!!

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
look at the man u ratings copied from aol sport -

MAN UNITED 0 LEEDS 1 (Beckford 18)

PLAYER MARKING:
Man United (4-4-2): Kuszczak 5; Neville 4, Evans 5, Brown 5, Fabio 5; Obertan 5 (Giggs 57, 5), Anderson 5 (Owen 68, 5), Gibson 6, Welbeck 5 (Valencia 57, 6), Rooney 7, Berbatov 4.
Subs (not used): Owen, Tosic, Carrick, Rafael, Amos.

Leeds (4-4-2): Ankergren 8; Crowe 8, Naylor 9, Kisnorbo 8, Hughes 8 (White 90); Howson 8 (Snodgrass 77, 8), Kilkenny 8, Doyle 8, Johnson 8; Beckford 8, Becchio 8 (Michalik 88).
Subs (not used): Prutton, Grella, Capaldi, Martin.

grudging congratulations to leeds ............bastards!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
so when was the last time we went further than man utd in the cup?

I think it was in 1986 when we reached the Quarter Finals. In the previous round, Man Utd lost 0-2 at Old Trafford in a replay against West Ham.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Fergie is apparently yet to face the waiting press...

bbc live text said:
"Still no sign of Sir Alex Ferguson, nearly an hour after the final whistle. He's spoken to MUTV, but not to us waiting hacks..."

bbc live text said:
"If SAF doesn't end up talking to the press, I'd be pretty disgusted. It's petty really, acting like a child. And this is coming from a United fan."

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Fergie was quite magnanimous in defeat I thought, very complimentary to Leeds & admitted they deserved to win.

Can't see why he was crapping on about injury time though, five minutes looked more than adequate from what I saw. Shame he had to spoil the moment by bringing that up when until that point he'd been very honest.

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
Fergie was quite magnanimous in defeat I thought, very complimentary to Leeds & admitted they deserved to win.

Can't see why he was crapping on about injury time though, five minutes looked more than adequate from what I saw. Shame he had to spoil the moment by bringing that up when until that point he'd been very honest.

i agree, and fair play to andy townsends opinion that if a fergie side was losing he would say 15mins was not enough

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here