Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

man utd v arsenal

cw00

Mar 29, 2009
Manchester
This may be a bit of a tangent but it has struck me recently how many Gooners I know have Brighton as their "second team" and how many Albion fans I know have a soft spot for the Arse.

If this is true, why is it?

(awaits flaming by fundamentalists who are offended by the idea of having a second team ...)

yea same as me, supported them as a kid, its a joke trying to get tickets to see them tho and ive liked bha even more and more since i started working there last year.

the filth 1 - 3 arsenal

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Why are Sky so evil? They swap the footie between Sky Sports 1 and Sky Sports 2 so you need them both.

Slough Seagull

Bye Bye Slough
Nov 23, 2006
This may be a bit of a tangent but it has struck me recently how many Gooners I know have Brighton as their "second team" and how many Albion fans I know have a soft spot for the Arse.

If this is true, why is it?

(awaits flaming by fundamentalists who are offended by the idea of having a second team ...)

I'm an Albion Fundamentalist...might get a few t-shirts made up to wear around Slough...that will confuse the 'locals'

Gonzo

Apr 7, 2007
Arsenal got f***ing smashed tonight. Lucky to still be in the tie - could've easily been 4 or 5.

Just goes to show, for all of Arsenal's pretty football, they can't compete with United in full flow.

Arsenal got f***ing smashed tonight. Lucky to still be in the tie - could've easily been 4 or 5.

Just goes to show, for all of Arsenal's pretty football, they can't compete with United in full flow.

It's only the first leg, and the second leg will be different at Emirates.

Same goes for the Chelsea Barca game. I really doubt it's going to be another Chelsea v Manure final - I have had a feeling for a while that it will be Arse v Barce.

Chelsea and Arsenal made a decent enough job of damage control this week, but I believe Barcelona will go through, and Arse will follow on by smashing United at their place.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It's only the first leg, and the second leg will be different at Emirates.

Same goes for the Chelsea Barca game. I really doubt it's going to be another Chelsea v Manure final - I have had a feeling for a while that it will be Arse v Barce.

Chelsea and Arsenal made a decent enough job of damage control this week, but I believe Barcelona will go through, and Arse will follow on by smashing United at their place.
I agree the Barcelona will go through but I really think 1-0 is a bad result for Arsenal. A 2-1 defeat would have been far better for them.

Man United will score goals against anyone and I simply can't see Arsenal scoring two more than United.

United v Barcelona in the final. Two have the biggest clubs in the world in the final, but who's European Cup trophy haul has been appalling. (3 for United and 2 for Barca is piss-poor considering their stature)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here