Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Man Utd 'sign' Saha

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Fulham striker Louis Saha
The 25-year-old Saha has scored 15 goals this season
Louis Saha claims he will sign for Manchester United on Tuesday after a £9.8m deal was agreed with Fulham.

Fulham had previously rejected an offer of £8m for Saha, but the extra cash tipped the balance and brought an end to an acrimonious tug-of-war.

"I am very happy now that we are about to complete the deal," the 25-year-old Frenchman told the Daily Mail.

Providing he passes a medical, Saha is finally expected to be a United player by the weekend.

Fulham manager Chris Coleman must now try to replace his leading goalscorer, and Celtic's £4m-rated John Hartson is a possible candidate.

This is a big step up in my career and I know that I will have to show that I'm good enough
Saha, who is hoping this move will attract the attention of the France coach Jacques Santini, said: "I have wanted to go to United for a month and now I must prove I can play in the team there.

"This is a big step up in my career and I know that I will have to show that I'm good enough."

Coleman and Fulham owner Mohamed al Fayed had insisted they would not be forced into selling the forward who has inspired Fulham to the brink of a Champions League place this season.

"You just get that feeling that we're being bullied into selling one of our players, but I don't like bullies and I don't like to be bullied so that's why we're so determined to hang on to Louis Saha," said Coleman.

But speaking on Tuesday, Saha's agent Branko Stoic said: "Sir Alex Ferguson will not give up on Louis Saha.

"Negotiations are hard but a new, superior bid is coming, and I believe the transfer will go ahead this week."

Saha, who joined Fulham from Metz for £2.1m three years ago, scored his 15th goal of the season when he converted a penalty in the 2-1 win over Everton on Saturday.

Metz will earn around £1m from Saha's transfer to Old Trafford under a sell-on clause in the deal that saw him come to London.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Could be potentially lethal in front of goal!

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
8 million up on the deal after 3 years, can't be bad

Beeneys gloves

Jul 7, 2003
The deal is being denied on the BBC website now!

Just go Saha its obvious where u want to be, I for one hope he turns out shit for the Mancs

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Is he really that good, Manchester United level I mean?

I can't believe anyone rates him at £9 million. He's scored a few this season but didn't do much previously.

Obviously Fergie believes he's got what it takes, but he's no Van Nistelrooy or Henry is he?

CAFC Matt

Jul 27, 2003
Woodindean
The question over Saha is his consistency. He scored for fun in 1st division but in the Prem for his first couple of season he struggled. Badly. Now after having a good start scoring what, 9 goals he is linked with the the best teams in the country. Is he really worth that money considering his inconsistency ??? I don't really think so :nono:

Johners

Jul 6, 2003
Playa Blanca, Lanzarote
Bloody hell, I've just worked out my team perfectly for the Telegraph fantasy football with Henry, Shearer & Saha up front, and Scholes & Pires in midfield, & now it looks like major changes are going to be needed if he goes.
Some players simply have no consideration!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
"Saha insisted he would have a medical at Old Trafford on Tuesday before completing the protracted move.

But a Fulham spokesman told BBC Sport: "There has been no fresh bid, so no bid has been accepted and the player does not have permission to hold talks.

"This obviously means that suggestions that he will have a medical with Manchester United are nonsense."

United have also insisted no deal is imminent, leaving Saha again confused about his future."

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
IMHO he could be another Terry Henry!!

I have seen him play a few times and he likes to "Showboat!" So he has got the skill it just needs fine tuning, you watch this lad turn it on once he gets going at Old Trafford!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here