Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Man Utd home game

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I never get these digs at Man U fans living outside Manchester. What do we think of our fellow Albion fans who live outside of B&H?

It's because most of them are glory hunters with no connection to Manchester at all who picked a successful team when they were young. I'd wager the vast majority of non-local Albion fans around the UK have some sort of connection to Brighton or Hove or Sussex in some way.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
£60 a seat in WSU.... blimey.

Makes you appreciate the away fans £30 tickets.
£78 in WSL Central blocks, but in perspective the USA Basketball team played two friendlies at the O2 prior to the Olympics, for the game against South Sudan it was £225 in the upper tiers.

So a bargain really.

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
It's because most of them are glory hunters with no connection to Manchester at all who picked a successful team when they were young. I'd wager the vast majority of non-local Albion fans around the UK have some sort of connection to Brighton or Hove or Sussex in some way.
Devil’s advocate reply from me then. When we played Man Utd in the first game of the season back in 2022 I caught the train from Euston to Manchester. I got chatting with a father and daughter, both United fans. They live in Watford and both have broad Manc accents and go to every game. Hardly glory hunters. I know quite a few fans who support teams from all round the country but have no geographical affiliation to those clubs - are they wrong to follow those clubs? What the real issue is with glory hunters is when they follow one successful team and dump them for another more successful outfit. THAT is when it should grind everyone's gears that are true football fans.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
I never get these digs at Man U fans living outside Manchester. What do we think of our fellow Albion fans who live outside of B&H?
There were only a dozen of them when we played at Gillingham though, now there are fecking thousands, sorry hundreds I mean :wink:

I have never met an Albion fan from Guildford btw :smile:

Now where is my tin hat

As an aside I have had far more requests from Sussex based United fans asking if I can help them get a ticket for United at the Amex than any other ”fans”. I haven’t helped one!

Last edited:

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
I listed mine ages ago. 60 quid! Let's face it, it's going to be a man u fan sitting next to my dad if it sells at all.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The stupidest post I've read in over a decade of lurking on this site. Congratulations. Spurning your local club and community because a team wins all the time makes you a twat. The end.
Looks like you’ve leaped frogged me into top spot in your league. You also take top spot of Missing the Point league.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here