Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Man U's Neon Sign Hit By Pranksters

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
From the Beeb...

Manchester United's difficult pre-season continues after jokers altered a huge sign at Old Trafford, turning it into a four-letter word. The impressive neon construction - which sits at the top of the stadium, high above the statue of Sir Matt Busby - usually spells out the club's name. But somehow pranksters managed to change it to reveal the obscenity.

United officials were alerted to the embarrassing situation by journalists at the Manchester Evening News and acted quickly to restore the sign to normal. A club spokeswoman dismissed suggestions fans angry at the takeover by the Glazers were responsible. She said: "We have had contractors in doing work on the stadium. It seems someone has messed with plugs at the back of the lights as a prank. We would like to apologise to anyone that took offence - the sign now proudly says Manchester United again."

What do you reckon they altered it to ? My money is on:

MANCHESTER UNITED

Damn fine work

:lolol: :clap:

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Sorry, mustn't laugh ...... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lolol: :lolol:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
20103370283.jpg

Courtesy of Koaste.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Quality pranks like that deserve at least two threads though, I'd have thought.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Damn - I started the other thread? I don't remember doing that at all - I must still be asleep...

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Curious Orange said:
I wonder if Scunthorpe have a similar neon sign - I reckon theirs would look better!!

:lolol:

Not to mention Arsenal.

Perhaps we should do this to the *snigger* neon sign at Selhurst Park too. Home of CRystAl Palace.

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
edna krabappel said:
Not to mention Arsenal.

Perhaps we should do this to the *snigger* neon sign at Selhurst Park too. Home of cRystAl Palace.

Have another go Edna - got you before you edited it :D

Last edited:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sshh, it was meant to be a seamless bit of editing :lolol:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
:lolol: :lolol:

brilliant

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Love it, I stayed in a hotel opposite that very stadium a couple of weeks back, unfortunately the sign was lit up correctly, seeing the different version would have made my day.

Heard a story a few years back that a bored young officer in the Dutch Navy who was working at their Ministry of Defence in the Hague produced something similar. He obtained the phone numbers of all the offices in the building, went to a phone box over the road and called each office in turn telling them that he was an electrician carrying out a test on their building, he told each person to either turn on or off their light so the effect when viewed from the street read "KUT", this is the Dutch equivalent of C**T...

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
edna krabappel said:
Not to mention Arsenal.

Perhaps we should do this to the *snigger* neon sign at Selhurst Park too. Home of CRystAl Palace.

Surely someone here is a whizz on Paintshop??

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
:lolol: legends whoever did it , i owe a :drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here